Corsair Community

TECH ISSUE: Win8.1 Program Crash, Unplug/Replug

Adam B.

Just got this K95 RGB for Christmas and already it's crashed 7 times to the point I've had to reach way behind my computer tower, unplug the two USB wires, wait a few seconds then plug back in and restart my Corsair Utility Program. At first, it only happened when I messed with the profiles, however, this last time I was chatting with other gamers in TeamSpeak 3 when all the lights just froze and the utility program crashed and all the RGB lights stayed stuck in a frozen animated mode. I'm running Windows 8.1 and Corsair says that it's compatible. Is there any fix for this? It's extremely annoying.

bump. it's crashed on me a few times in the last 24 hours as well. im running windows 7 ultimate. are you plugging it into a usb 3.0 port? the readme that comes with CUE says to only use one USB if youre plugging into a 3.0 port. i thought that maybe have something to do with it.

:shrug:

bump. it's crashed on me a few times in the last 24 hours as well. im running windows 7 ultimate. are you plugging it into a usb 3.0 port? the readme that comes with CUE says to only use one USB if youre plugging into a 3.0 port. i thought that maybe have something to do with it.

:shrug:

Thanks for that.. I actually couldn't get the document file to open at first so I just assumed the two USB cables needed to be plugged in at all times. I'm now using only one plug. Let's see how it goes.. It was crashing on me constantly since I got it just 2 days ago.. Was very disappointing since this would be my second Corsair product that the software didn't work (Corsair H100i). I'll try it out a bit and see how it goes :)

• 2 weeks later...
Still crashes from time to time, but usually only with a game.. Seems to bug out the program every now and then.. Most recent issue was a power outtage. Had to unplug and replug, but then I lost my second profile that was saved to the keyboard memory.. It also deleted the profile on the PC as well.. What is the point of saving profiles if an outtage just kills them anyway?

Archived