Corsair Community

what color of switch to get

lemmo

Hello forum people I'm new to corsair forums and new to mechanical keyboards cause I mainly only use keyboards that are cheap I kinda got fed up on using cheap keyboards and them breaking most of the time, so I decided to buy a mechanical keyboard the corsair k70 to be exact, now I don't know anything about these cherry mx switches never touched a mechanical keyboard i mostly play action mmorpg like elsword and dragonest some mobas like dota 2 and a bit of 3rd person shooters and some rythem games so i was wondering what color of cherry switch will suit most of what i play or are they all just the same?

I'd suggest Browns, nice in between of 'click sound' and 'feeling of actuation'.

Red are completely linear, so when you press the key you do not feel anything once you've gone past the actuation point. Some people tend to do typos and accidental presses with reds if you aren't careful when typing/gaming. If you come from a rubber dome keyboard, you should be used to feeling a little 'bump' when you make the rubber dome cave in. Well reds have zero feedback, so you might find yourself missing the 'bump' as an indication that you did a successful press or not.

Blues also have an actuation point, and have a sort of 'piston' design to the actuation switch. Once the key is pressed past the actuation point, a spring releases the 'piston' and it hits the actuation point on the board. This is what generates the distinctive 'click' of the blue switch. But in any case, it seems Corsair are having issues getting enough RGB blue switches from Cherry, and it might take a while to get more it seems.

I equally type & game and I can honestly say that Browns are perfect for me. I'd actually be tempted to try 'clear' switches (the 'stiffer' version of the Brown Switch) but those are rather rare, and Corsair doesn't offer them. :(

Not that this was as scientific review or anything, but I hope it get you insight into how I see the switches.

Cheers,

Oh, thank you for the suggestion and explanation I'm going look into the browns when I buy one oh and what's the difference in the rgb and the normal ones aside from the color?

I'm not familiar with the software that comes with the non-RGB series, only got a Corsair keyboard with the new RGB series that came out.

I would assume the non RGB software has macro/keybinding and all those sweet things, but I'd ask someone who actually owns one first before assuming something like that.

Also, it's been posted and reported numerous times that the non RGB Vengeance keyboards LEDs have a tendency to short often and quickly. Something about how the LED are mounted. They've apparently addressed this in the RGB series by having the LED encased without the switch itself.

Cheers,

Archived