Corsair Community

Fixed RPM not working?

Rumple

Hello guys, i download and installed Corsair Link and i tried to put the fans for fixed RPM and doesnt work...

All the other default parameters works like quite, balanced, performance.

http://i.imgur.com/xMpZ4Nz.jpg

here is a pic of my problem

The stock fans are the grey SP120L's (2700rpm max). The SP120 High Performance editions are the retail version of the same fan in black with colored rings (max rpm 2350). Either one is fine. If you were trying to use an odd fan combination or had put 3 pin fans on the thing, there would be obvious problems.

I've had issues with the Link Program "going to sleep" on me. Every now and then one of the two fans on my H80i would get stuck on it's curve. I would change the profile and it would continue to blast away. However, setting the fan to either a fixed % or a specific RPM would usually wake it up. Presumably this sent a new pulse to the fan an snapped it out of it's current state. Are you saying you have the opposite problem? You can't set it to a fixed percentage or a specific RPM? Is this all the time or occasionally?

The stock fans are the grey SP120L's (2700rpm max). The SP120 High Performance editions are the retail version of the same fan in black with colored rings (max rpm 2350). Either one is fine. If you were trying to use an odd fan combination or had put 3 pin fans on the thing, there would be obvious problems.

I've had issues with the Link Program "going to sleep" on me. Every now and then one of the two fans on my H80i would get stuck on it's curve. I would change the profile and it would continue to blast away. However, setting the fan to either a fixed % or a specific RPM would usually wake it up. Presumably this sent a new pulse to the fan an snapped it out of it's current state. Are you saying you have the opposite problem? You can't set it to a fixed percentage or a specific RPM? Is this all the time or occasionally?

This happen all the time i simple cant change it to fixed RPM or Fixed % too but i can use the other preferences like Quite, balanced...

ATM i use it on quite and they have 1770 RPM but for me that i work during night they are too loud because i have children that sleep in the same room

This is the first time I've heard of this error and it sounds like a software glitch, especially since I see the dreaded red dials in your Link picture. I'm not sure you even have control under the quiet and performance profiles. The fans should never hit 1700 rpm on the quiet setting. It makes me wonder if the fan controller isn't stuck in the "default" mode, a more aggressive profile. I agree, time to start rolling back one software version at a time until you get satisfactory results.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=125350

I'm still not sure whether you have the grey SP120L's or the black SP 120's, but both are performance designed fans. There are lots of quieter fans out there and whole websites aimed toward people who like really quiet set-ups. The loss in performance is mostly null until you start trying to find your overclocking limits. But first we need to get this straightened out, or you won't have any fan control.

stock pwm fans?

my fans are SP120 High performance edition

if that is what you wanted to ask.

Is it the PWM (4-pin) version or non PWM (3-pin) version?

If you have the 3-pin version, the H100i's fan controller probably would not be able to control it as it was designed for PWM fans.

Source:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=747850

i dont have the h100i but the h80i and the fans are 3 pins

Both Integrated hydro's require Pwm fans in order to be controllable through the different settings--fixed,curve profiles ect..

using a 3 pin is a gamble as some work where some will not...

Archived