Corsair Community

keys unresponsive at windows start up

Pechane

Hi, I just got the K95 RGB and I am having an issue when starting up my PC. When starting up my pc, the keyboard lights up but the keys are unavailable. I have to unplug the keyboard and replug it for the keys to be working.

I have the latest firmware installed on the keyboard. I have the latest CUE. I have tried all my USB port (3 and 2) and followed the manual on how to plug cable in USB 3 and 2. I have no issues with my other keyboard. The keyboards light up as it should when I boot my pc. But I cannot log in on my pc or use the keyboard until I unplugged and replugged the keyboard.

I am using Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

Any help is appreciated.

Things to try. Delete the software completely. Go into device manager and delete any/all keyboard drivers you see. Make sure you don't have any software running in the background from previous keyboards. Unplug the keyboard and power off the computer. Wait a minute, power the computer back on, plug the keyboard into whatever port you want to use (Make sure if your using 2.0 you plug the right cable in first). Install the software and firmware updates. Restart and see if that fixes the issue.

Also try every combination of USB ports as this keyboard is SO fussy.I have 10 fixed onboard USB ports 6xIntel USB2 2xIntelUSB3 and 2xAsmediaUSB3 and my keyboard will ONLY work stable in 2 of the USB 2 ports and using power from one of the USB3 ports.

Archived