Corsair Community

Think i received a defective H80i

Stormwolf

So, i just tried getting my new H80i to work. Nothing made the pump work at all. Tried different sata connectors etc, but the pump's light was only red and glowed the corsair logo. So i knew the unit got power at least. In the bios the temperature just kept rising, and the radiator fans went crazy fast. Tried both Cpu_fan and Cpu_fan optional. In the bios though the pump speed only showed NA.

Was this a defective product or might i have done something wrong?

As i said, i did connect it to Cpu_fan and have tried different sata power connectors. The unit gets power as it light red and shows the logo. I didn't check the backplate though, but i did check that it was well seated and i couldn't move it an inch. Anyway, nothing other than lack of power would make the not work right in a normal situation?

Well, i have changed back to stock cooler for now. But it didn't feel like anything was moving when i touched the pump. Temperature reached over 60 degrees celcius, and rising so i just shut down the computer. I honestly doubt any wrong seated h80i with a working pump would produce such idle temperature in the span of a couple of minutes, but i can be wrong though!

Actually a mis-aligned backplate can cause instant heating as the CPU needs constant cooling and a CPU gets hot fast. If the backplate is on wrong,part of the pump is not even touching the processor.

but of course you can certainly get your hydro exchanged regardless...

Archived