Corsair Community

Where can I buy Corsair AX1500i Power Cord from?

AdaptAsap123

Hi there guys... I'm thinking of buying the Corsair AX1500i from NewEgg however I live in Australia (yes I do know NewEgg does not ship to Aus, and I have ways to ship to Aus which will cost a lot cheaper then buying it from Aus) and i'm wondering where I can get the AC power cord from since Corsair's 1500 watt AC cord is a different fitting to the PSU (square)?

Thanks in advanced.

I'd suggest purchasing an AU AX1500i (CP-9020057-AU) locally. The power cables aren't available separately.

The problem is, even cheapest ax1200i power supply here is over the price of a ax1500i over in usa, that's how expensive parts are in Aus. However, knowing that the Ax1200i has the standard ac cord fitting, I was wondering whether the 1200 watt would fit my needs? I'm not Mathmatician but I'm also no pro PC builder and I had only calculated what I had but I've changed it a lot since. So would the following be fine with a 1200 watt PSU and would it leave me with plenty extra for future upgrades?

Motherboard: Asus Rampage 4 Formula

CPU: Intel Core I7 4930K

GPU(s): Either 3 EVGA GTX 970 or 2 980's.

RAM: Dominator Platinum 32Gb 1600Mhz

Storage: 1TB SSD and future storage added when needed.

WaterCooling Parts:

Radiator(s): Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 Black Carbon Radiator AND a 360 one.

Pump: SwiftTech MCP655-B

Fans: Max 10 SP Corsair fans.

The problem is, even cheapest ax1200i power supply here is over the price of a ax1500i over in usa, that's how expensive parts are in Aus. However, knowing that the Ax1200i has the standard ac cord fitting, I was wondering whether the 1200 watt would fit my needs? I'm not Mathmatician but I'm also no pro PC builder and I had only calculated what I had but I've changed it a lot since. So would the following be fine with a 1200 watt PSU and would it leave me with plenty extra for future upgrades?

Motherboard: Asus Rampage 4 Formula

CPU: Intel Core I7 4930K

GPU(s): Either 3 EVGA GTX 970 or 2 980's.

RAM: Dominator Platinum 32Gb 1600Mhz

Storage: 1TB SSD and future storage added when needed.

WaterCooling Parts:

Radiator(s): Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 Black Carbon Radiator AND a 360 one.

Pump: SwiftTech MCP655-B

Fans: Max 10 SP Corsair fans.

Due to product liability concerns, I'm sure Corsair will not recommend that you use a non-Corsair power cable with their powersupply. According to Anandtech, the AX1500i power cord is a C19, (I don’t have the PSU.) This is a standard server/PDU receptacle.

You can get them on online: http://www.showmecables.com/product/as-3112-to-c19-international-power-cord-25-m.aspx or check your local Dell or HP server provider.

As far as whether you actually need a 1500W PSU, while I am a big fan of ridicules overkill for component selection, using a power supply calculator: http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

it looks like your total draw is under 800 watts.

I'd suggest purchasing an AU AX1500i (CP-9020057-AU) locally. The power cables aren't available separately.

What am I supposed to do when I need to connect an AX1500i to a UPS?

I have an AX1500i and any C19 cable will work fine. I did not use the one that came with the PSU as I have it connected to me APC Smart-UPS 2200 and use a http://www.amazon.co.uk/C19-C20-Female-Mains-Server-Extension/dp/B00R6AAH1Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1419264034&sr=8-4&keywords=c19+male+to+c19+female+power+cable

Interesting, I never realized that UK Smart-UPS didn't take regular 3-prong plugs, like the desktop UPS's. Makes it harder to shave during a poweroutage:)

I assume Corsair is thinking along the lines of a 500VA UPS, (even through the PSU in question pulls far to much power.)

It actually makes a lot of sense to design a UPS like that. It makes it much more universal and keeps users from plugging in non-IT equipment, (like coffee pots and space heaters.)

• Corsair Employees

The power cables ARE available separately.... just not from Corsair.

As deees point out: The cable is a standard C19 connector on the end that plugs into the PSU. The other end is going to be country specific.

A well supplied computer or IT store should have these in stock.

Archived