Corsair Community

Lights not working

Taziga

So, i received my K70 RGB today and after playing around with the lights they stopped working. I've tried everything from deleting the utility engine to restarting my pc and now whenever i start my computer the default lights work fine but after opening the utility engine the lights stop working and i cant get them to work again unless i restart my pc. Please help. :[pouts:

My specs:

::: Motherboard

Product name : 970A-G43 (MS-7693)

Manufacturer : MSI

::: CPU

Name : AMD FX-6350 Six-Core Processor

Description : AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0

Frequency : 3900

Number of cores : 3

Number of logical processors : 6

::: Physical memory

Manufacturer : Kingston

Speed : 667

Form factor : DIMM

Memory type : Unknown

Capacity : 8 GB

::: Video hardware

Adapter name : AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

I was using USB 3.0 ports and yes i had updated firmware.

Are you using just one USB3.0 with the connector that has the keyboard diagram on it? Both connectors or just the one with the usb emblem one it. It can be plugged in two ways, one being the keyboard connector into a 3.0 or both plugs into a 2.0. Be sure to connect the usb emblem connector first, than the keyboard connector last when using 2.0.

Also, is your motherboard bios, usb, sata, chipset all up to latest drivers per manufacturer.

Now when i open my pc the keyboard is colored full red but if i open the utility engine the lights shut down and i cant get then on unless i reboot my pc

Since you said that you tried to uninstall everything, then reinstall. Did you by chance goto your hardrive under programs to make sure the Corsair folder was deleted. Sometime deleting a program through Programs and Features doesn't necessarily get rid of the software program. Also, is your firmware 1.15? also check under Device Manager in HID(Human Interface Devices) to see if the board is listed.

I would do this, then reinstall.

Now when i open my pc the keyboard is colored full red but if i open the utility engine the lights shut down and i cant get then on unless i reboot my pc

FYI, if I recall correctly CUE remembers the last mode used on a profile. Are you sure your profile isn't switched to a blank mode?

If you create a new profile, set all the keys whatever color, and then set that new profile as default. What happens?

FYI, if I recall correctly CUE remembers the last mode used on a profile. Are you sure your profile isn't switched to a blank mode?

If you create a new profile, set all the keys whatever color, and then set that new profile as default. What happens?

Nothing, non of the lights turn on.

Are you able to make a profile called test then highlight all the keys white and see if that lights up the keyboard? If not and the keyboard works on another computer then you need to delete the software completely. I would also suggest you go in and delete all the keyboard drivers and then unplug the keyboard and power off. Power back on, plug the keyboard in, and then install the software.

Archived