Corsair Community

Corsair AIO for Alienware Predator 2.0

bhhsing

Hi all,

First things first, I am aware this question might be stupid but I really am tech illiterate and this is the first time I am messing about with my computers internals. Basically I would like to purchase a Corsair AIO water cooler to be used in said case, the Alienware Predator 2.0. The question is would any Corsair Hydro AIO fit the case and if so what is the best one I can get. I am planning on overclocking my toasty i7 920 C0/C1 to around 3.8-4GHZ. Enclosed are some pics. Many thanks in advance.

B

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h334/Brendan_Hii/photo2.jpg

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h334/Brendan_Hii/photo1.jpg

Yes, an H50 to H80 will definitely fit physically, however there are some other considerations. Alienware/Dell likes to use custom mounting, electronics, and connections and there can be issues with the BIOS. It may have safeguards to prevent boot if one of those custom mainboard fans headers doesn't have a connection. These are the final days for my highly customized Aurora and I have been through most of those issues, but I'm afraid I have no specific knowledge of your unit. I would advise also posting this question in the Alienware Owners club forum. There are several very knowledgeable people who participate in that arena and have been through the trials and tribulations of updating to new cooling for their rigs.

Also, while I would normally be hesitant to recommend the H80i or H100i to anyone because of the difficulties with Corsair Link and sensitive pump/controllers, it may be a good option for you. I am not sure what the Alienware BIOS or monitoring programs look like on your PC, but usually there isn't a way to easily monitor the pump/fans/etc. See how many extra motherboard fans headers you have at the top of the motherboard. The H80i's fan controller may be of use to you. Be aware Corsair Link can be quite difficult to use with Windows 8.1.

Also, while I would normally be hesitant to recommend the H80i or H100i to anyone because of the difficulties with Corsair Link and sensitive pump/controllers, it may be a good option for you. I am not sure what the Alienware BIOS or monitoring programs look like on your PC, but usually there isn't a way to easily monitor the pump/fans/etc. See how many extra motherboard fans headers you have at the top of the motherboard. The H80i's fan controller may be of use to you. Be aware Corsair Link can be quite difficult to use with Windows 8.1.

Ty so much. I've decided on the H75. Less headache with additional software.

• Corsair Employees
I wish I'd seen this sooner. While the H75 *may* fit, there's likely to be serious clearance problems with the underside of the power supply, and that's ignoring clearance issues with the CPU socket. Honestly, I'd only try mounting an AIO to this case if I was buying it from a store with a good return policy.

Archived