Corsair Community

Running keyboard in USB3 with 360 controller present

raximkoron

So, I've noticed with my particular setup:

Intel Z77 motherboard that has

Intel USB 2 & USB 3 handled in the chipset

If I have the single USB plugged into my USB3 controller, no matter where I have a 360 controller plugged in, it causes massive problems. Steam and games become very unresponsive, even changing the controller settings from Windows' Devices and Printers section creates instability. I'll state that this happens with an official 360 wired controller, official wireless controller and a Razer Onza Tournament controller.

When I unplug the keyboard, any unresponsive behavior immediately goes away and the system acts as it's supposed to. My only way to fix this is to use both USB plugs on the USB2 bus and ignore the fact that this keyboard is USB3 compatible.

I'm not sure if this is because both USB controllers are on the Intel chipset for the system, but... If you're having any issues with USB devices and you're running the keyboard in USB3, try changing it and see if it helps.

Pretty frustrating that I'm losing precious USB ports, but at least I found a workaround.

So, I've noticed with my particular setup:

Intel Z77 motherboard that has

Intel USB 2 & USB 3 handled in the chipset

If I have the single USB plugged into my USB3 controller, no matter where I have a 360 controller plugged in, it causes massive problems. Steam and games become very unresponsive, even changing the controller settings from Windows' Devices and Printers section creates instability. I'll state that this happens with an official 360 wired controller, official wireless controller and a Razer Onza Tournament controller.

When I unplug the keyboard, any unresponsive behavior immediately goes away and the system acts as it's supposed to. My only way to fix this is to use both USB plugs on the USB2 bus and ignore the fact that this keyboard is USB3 compatible.

I'm not sure if this is because both USB controllers are on the Intel chipset for the system, but... If you're having any issues with USB devices and you're running the keyboard in USB3, try changing it and see if it helps.

Pretty frustrating that I'm losing precious USB ports, but at least I found a workaround.

Thats odd. I do use 360 controllers but I use them wireless and don't have an issue with the keyboard in USB 3.0. You sure that you have the latest bios and usb drivers?

Thats odd. I do use 360 controllers but I use them wireless and don't have an issue with the keyboard in USB 3.0. You sure that you have the latest bios and usb drivers?

I've just uninstalled CUE and ALL my USB drivers, then started installing things one by one. Everything works fine until I install and launch CUE for the first time, then IMMEDIATELY everything goes wrong (same behavior I had before)

The other frustrating thing is that if I quit out of CUE, I either have to physically unplug/plug the keyboard or restart the computer for it to ever recognize it again (I can't simply relaunch CUE and have it recognize that the keyboard is present).

I've just uninstalled CUE and ALL my USB drivers, then started installing things one by one. Everything works fine until I install and launch CUE for the first time, then IMMEDIATELY everything goes wrong (same behavior I had before)

The other frustrating thing is that if I quit out of CUE, I either have to physically unplug/plug the keyboard or restart the computer for it to ever recognize it again (I can't simply relaunch CUE and have it recognize that the keyboard is present).

That is just odd. Like I have said elsewhere CUE works great for me. I have a ton of USB **** too. The 360 wireless controller dongle, a 3.0 hub, a logitech dongle, a logitech unifying receiver for my mouse, bluetooth dongle, and probably some other stuff. Quite often a phone or tablet as well as various drives. Also have a MCE remote for volume/media keys when not at the PC.

Archived