Corsair Community

Issues with "Action repeat: While pressed" macros.

ALarsen

I got my K95 RGB a few days ago, and have been having a lot of issues with the "Action repeat: While pressed" function. Aerosmith mentioned one of these issues in this thread (LINK) but I couldn't find any posts about the other problem. I figured the best thing to do would be to make a thread myself and hopefully see this fixed in a future software update (if the software is the problem of course).

My keyboard sett-up:

I have made a macro for each of the keys 2, 3, 4 and 5. The macro is very simple, it repeats a key press, allowing me to hold the key down rather than "spam" the key.

Example: The macro for Key 2 looks like this: [ATTACH]20132[/ATTACH]

The issues and how to replicate them:

The first issue is something I encountered with another keyboard a few years ago from a competing brand, but this was later fixed in a software update, leading me to hope the issues with the corsair keyboard also can be fixed. What happens is that the keyboard or software does not recognize that a key is being held down and that the macro is supposed to be played.

How to replicate it (use a typing program like notepad to easily see what's happening):

1. Hold down one of the macro'd keys.

2. While holding down the first key, hold down a second of the macro'd keys.

At this point, the macro for the second key is the one that should be playing.

3. While holding down the second key, release the first key.

At this point, the macro for the second key is the one that should still be playing.

4. While holding down the second key, hold down the first macro key again (the one from step one)

At this point, the macro for the first key is the one that should be playing (instead it's the macro for the second key that is still being played).

5. Release the second key while still holding down the first key (from step 4)

At this point, the macro for the first key is the one that should be playing since it's not only the last key that was pressed, it is now the only key being held down. However, now there is no macros being played, and you have to fully release the key in order to get the macro going. This causes a lot of problems in games, since I'm holding a key down and expect the macro to be played, while in fact nothing is happening.

The second problem I encountered is one that increases the number of times / how fast the macro is repeated when holding the key down. You can quickly end up with hundreds of key presses per second. (This is the same issue that the user Aerosmith mentioned in the link above)

How to replicate it (again, use a typing program like notepad to easily see what's happening):

1. Hold down one of the macro'd keys.

2. While holding the key down, press and release one of the other macro'd keys.

3. Repeat step "2" a few times and you should see the speed at which the first macro is repeated drastically increase.

I hope my explanation of these two issues were good enough and that these issues can be fixed. Everything else about the keyboard has been really great! :)

Archived