Corsair Community

K65 RGB - How do I update my firmware?

As the title states, I'm having an issue with updating the firmware for my Corsair K65RGB keyboard. Under the Corsair Utility Engine -> Settings -> Device i click on the link that it gives me to update the firmware, and my computer saves CGK65RGB as a zip file. I then browse for the zip and post it in the firmware update box then click update, but it doesnt work.

Is the download not suppose to save as a .zip file, or what may I be doing wrong? I currently have both USB cables plugged into USB 3.0 and have tried plugging them into 2.0, or switching around where they were plugged, but nothing works. Help please, thanks!

Firstly, you shouldn't be plugging in both USB in if you're using the 3.0 USB. So only plug the one marked with the keyboard sign on.

Secondly you might need to uninstall CUE. Plug the keyboard back in run the install and just go to devices and update firmware. It should just run an auto update unless you had to download it seperately. If so just extract the zip file then link the unzipped file to the firmware update tool.

That's what I had to do with my K70, my K95 just did it auto.

Ok so I ended up only using the 1 USB port, and ended up getting my firmware updated.

However, I'm still having an issue whenever it comes to downloading certain profiles. For example the Sunset Fade by user Grail listed on the discussion page, I download it and overwrite everything as new, then when i set that as my default profile it crashes the Corsair Utility Engine. Any suggestions there?

It might be that the profile wasn't created for a K65, in which it would need to be converted. The softwares a bit bleak when it comes to that. Some members can do the conversions for you. I'm unsure on the conversion / importing side. Glad you got the firmware working though.

Archived