Corsair Community

H105 Are these temps fine for 5820K?

cm993

Hello everyone!

I just recently upgraded to a 5820K from a 3770K and upgraded my cooling to the H105. I was noticing that my temperatures are idling about 30c and dips as low as 28 for a few seconds.

I was just wondering if this is fine or if these seem warmer than usual to anyone else? Baring in mind that this is without any over clocks, over voltages etc. Everything in my case is running at stock speeds for now.

I'm currently using the fans that came with the H105 as well just in case that makes any difference.

Thanks!

That temperature seems fine for 6 cores and consistent with published reviews. However, idle temps aren't very telling. If you are concerned, you will need to run one of the common stress tests (Prime 95, AIDA, etc) and see what temperature your system holds at. You can then compare that to published reviews and other posts. Keep in mind you need to compare like CPU speeds (I am assuming you are at the stock 3.3GHz) and room temperature plays a big part in your test number, so don't be concerned about a few degrees here or there.

That temperature seems fine for 6 cores and consistent with published reviews. However, idle temps aren't very telling. If you are concerned, you will need to run one of the common stress tests (Prime 95, AIDA, etc) and see what temperature your system holds at. You can then compare that to published reviews and other posts. Keep in mind you need to compare like CPU speeds (I am assuming you are at the stock 3.3GHz) and room temperature plays a big part in your test number, so don't be concerned about a few degrees here or there.

Thanks for answering :)

I don't really have a way of testing the room temps unfortunately. I ran AIDA64 and it didnt really push my temps as high as I thought it would. Then again I've never ran AIDA so I might have missed a setting or something. I think I might have been expecting too much for idle temps, under stress it seems fine to me.

This is my AIDA Screenshot

n7ekO14kNFALcQcN2snkVpGs6VklJ2ABFnOiD10WvaI

And Realtemp max temps

nTcJNzGi9qGbgMWQxDLgI7zYBLAJlWwl6qv5sOxxeW0

Archived