Corsair Community

Outdated memory warrenty policy?

newq

RAM GUY, I was just wondering about Corsair's Warrenty policy for outdated modules. I use the TWINX512-3200C2 Ver. 1.2 memory and Corsair changed their new C2 RAM modules such that AMD users can no longer run CAS latency 2.0. My memory is currently running fine with my AMD and hopeful this will never be an issue for me. I really liked the old version 1.2 I bought, seeing as I can even run my 3200C2 memory at LL specified timings at 209 FSB.

BUT if I ever need to use the warrenty, would I be given replacements that are of lesser performance? Hence be guaranteed to only run at CAS 2.5? If so, that would really suck!

• Corsair Employee
Well the replacement part of your product as far as the warranty goes will be the exact model if available, or the same value if the model that you have is no longer available. As far as the revision goes, it maybe not the same; if we have the current revision that you have, then we will definitely replace it for you with the same revision, but if not then it will be simply a different revision. The revision that you have is no longer producing the IC chip, which is the reason why we change revision, simply for different chips with the same performance. The revision 1.2 is rated to run at 2/3/3/6 and 2.5 still for AMD CPU; however you can definitely try or run it at 2/3/3/6 like what you have it as of now with a 209 MHz FSB, but we can only guarantee that the 3200C2 module to run at 2.5/3/3/6 at 400MHz.

Okay, now I am a little confused. I thought that Version 1.2 of the Twinx 3200C2 that i own used the old Winbond CH-5 IC's...the same IC's that are used in the 3200LL ver 1.2 modules. And aren't the 3200LL modules guarenteed CAS 2 on AMD systems? But you say that my current 3202 v1.2 C2 modules were never guarenteed CAS 2 on AMD systems?? I recall that Corsair had no such restriction on 3202C2 v1.2 when I purchased it. Could you explain this to me?

• Corsair Employee
First of all, 3200C2 regardless which version will be 2.5/3/3/6, even if we are using the same IC on the 3200LL, you can not compare the 3200C2 will perform at 2/3/2/6 as the LL modules. You are more than welcome to run it at 2/3/3/6, but our company will only guarantee at 2.5/3/3/6 at DDR400 PC3200 speed.

Archived