Corsair Community

380t case with H100i as exhaust or intake?

JimmyNeutron

Hi,

Are there anyone running a 380t case with a radiator+fan in this case? According the the H100i, it recommends the fans for the radiator to be intake, but I'm watching the Corsair build out for the 380t and he's mounting as an exhaust.

[ame]

[/ame]

I would imaginee if the fans on the H100i were mounted as exhaust, you would be blowing hot air over the radiator.

Thanks!

It's a trade off, if you use the H100i as an intake you draw cool air in and blow warm/hot air into the case, thereby raising the temp of other components such as GPU. If you use it as an exhaust, it pushes warmer air through the rad,but cools the rest of the internals. Discussions on here seem to suggest that using it as an exhaust only make 2 or 3 degrees difference (higher). If you do use it as an exhaust you should also try to ensure that you are getting enough filtered air in, to at least equal the air going out. This will ensure a balanced airflow and minimise the dust being drawn in through unfiltered gaps in the case.

• Corsair Employees

Typically it gets mounted as an exhaust, but the 380T is an unusual beast.

I'd say it depends on what motherboard you're using. If you're using a motherboard with a PWM riser, I'd mount as an exhaust. Otherwise, I'd mount as an intake. I don't think it really matters either way, to tell you the truth.

Since the 380t comes with

a. 140mm front intake

b. 120mm read exhaust

When mounting the H100i, which has two 120mm, what if I mount the one closes to the front as an intake and the second fan mounted as an exhaust?

At the end, I would have a total of two intakes and two exhaust.

Archived