Corsair Community

Macro recording doesn't work with some programs

Buccaneer k95

Hey guys. I've been trying to set up macros for stuff such as a few games but macro recording literally works with everything but that. I don't get how since I'm still typing in key inputs. Is there something that I need to change in settings or are some games just made that way. Thanks for any help :biggrin:

I know this is silly, but have to tried turning the PC OFF so the power dies to the keyboard. I was trying to set a previous tab and next tab macro/shortcut (CTRL pageup/down) for firefox. and I tested the keyboard with a keyboard tester that said the macro was hitting CTRL+page up but it wouldn't registrer in firefox. I'd tried resest, unplugging the keybard (while windows was loaded). So I gave up turned the pc off and guess what the next time I turned on the PC and loaded firefox it worked.

I know this is silly, but have to tried turning the PC OFF so the power dies to the keyboard. I was trying to set a previous tab and next tab macro/shortcut (CTRL pageup/down) for firefox. and I tested the keyboard with a keyboard tester that said the macro was hitting CTRL+page up but it wouldn't registrer in firefox. I'd tried resest, unplugging the keybard (while windows was loaded). So I gave up turned the pc off and guess what the next time I turned on the PC and loaded firefox it worked.

So unplugging it has a different effect on it than turning off the power? I've done both multiple times in the past week though and I've tried to record a macro many times during that.

And the software should be new since I just got the keyboard less than a month ago so I doubt that's the problem but maybe.

• 4 weeks later...

How are the macros being assigned to the G-KEYS? The keyboard's MR button or within the software?

To check if the recorded macro is assigned to a G-key, Go to Profiles>Assignments. Hover over the G-key and a tooltip should appear e.g. G1.

If a macro is assigned to it via the MR button on the keyboard it should be G1.Recorded Macro.

If a macro created in the software is assigned to the G-KEY it will should be G1.MacroName. E.g. if the action was saved as "123" it will appear as G1.123 etc.

How are the macros being assigned to the G-KEYS? The keyboard's MR button or within the software?

To check if the recorded macro is assigned to a G-key, Go to Profiles>Assignments. Hover over the G-key and a tooltip should appear e.g. G1.

If a macro is assigned to it via the MR button on the keyboard it should be G1.Recorded Macro.

If a macro created in the software is assigned to the G-KEY it will should be G1.MacroName. E.g. if the action was saved as "123" it will appear as G1.123 etc.

I had already tried both and tried both with the updated version. Still nothing. Maybe the game was designed to mess with key and mouse signalling?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived