Corsair Community

Request: Breathing & Heat-sensitive typing

Hi there, I just joined the forum today after getting my brand new Corsair K70 RGB from Newegg. I've only had this thing plugged in for about a half hour and I am absolutely in love with it! I'm aware that custom lighting profiles can be made for this keyboard, which was the driving force behind my reasoning for buying it. However, I know precious little about making these profiles myself, so I was really hoping if someone more knowledgeable could make one for me.

I'd like the keys, when idle, to be dark blue, fading in and out like a breathing effect. When I type on it, the keys I press turn bright red for a moment, then smoothly transition to a darker red, purple, and eventually back to dark blue. I would thoroughly appreciate it if someone can pull this off for me. Thank you in advance.

I can make the profile for the K95, and then one of these awesome lads can convert it for you! I'll get to work! :biggrin:

The heat reactivity works, but other than that, the keyboard is completely dark. No dark blue glow or breathing effect.

I think somebody is going to have to convert it over from his K95 over to your k70. Lighting only works for the specified keyboard. Though a file can be converted to work for another version.

I think somebody is going to have to convert it over from his K95 over to your k70. Lighting only works for the specified keyboard. Though a file can be converted to work for another version.

How would I go about converting it to work with the K70? I just got mine today and I don't have a clue about its inner workings. All I know is how to import and use a profile.

A suggestion:

Extend the blue lighting effect to 4 sec, and pull down the intensity of the centre gradient to the second dotted line.

This gives a much better effect IMHO.

Secondly: Could I ask, please clean your profiles before uploading.

There was a lot of unused lighting effects in this one.

Otherwise I like it very much. :):

A suggestion:

Extend the blue lighting effect to 4 sec, and pull down the intensity of the centre gradient to the second dotted line.

This gives a much better effect IMHO.

Secondly: Could I ask, please clean your profiles before uploading.

There was a lot of unused lighting effects in this one.

Otherwise I like it very much. :):

How would I go about doing either of those things?

How would I go about doing either of those things?

For number one:

Right-click on one of the blue keys in the profile, and choose "Edit light".

Here you get an editor, with a gradient going from blue over dark to blue again.

Just under this gradient is a field "End: 2 sec"

Change this value to 4.

On the gradient itself there is 3 arrows on top.

Pull the middle one down to the second dotted line.

For number two:

Download the ProfileConverterandCleaner here:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134330

Load the profile file you want to convert/clean.

Choose the output type and choose "Remove Orphaned Actions" and "Remove Orphaned Lights".

Press Convert and save the cleaned profile.

Hope this helps. :):

For number one:

Right-click on one of the blue keys in the profile, and choose "Edit light".

Here you get an editor, with a gradient going from blue over dark to blue again.

Just under this gradient is a field "End: 2 sec"

Change this value to 4.

On the gradient itself there is 3 arrows on top.

Pull the middle one down to the second dotted line.

For number two:

Download the ProfileConverterandCleaner here:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134330

Load the profile file you want to convert/clean.

Choose the output type and choose "Remove Orphaned Actions" and "Remove Orphaned Lights".

Press Convert and save the cleaned profile.

Hope this helps. :):

Thank you for the tips! I'm still learning, haha.

I don't like extending the gradient because it just makes it super choppy, more like stepping the colors and not really fading. I will definitely take your advice on the next profile I do! :)

I don't like extending the gradient because it just makes it super choppy, more like stepping the colors and not really fading. I will definitely take your advice on the next profile I do! :)

I see what you mean, but at both 2 second and 4 seconds, the animation looks a bit choppy. I like it as a more slowed down effect, but is there a way to make the breathing any smoother?

And thanks so much to Schwitz for converting it for me.

You're welcome. :):

Beginner here, actually. ;):

I like the slower effect, and the lowered intensity in the middle, so choose to live with the choppiness. ;):

@Lordgeorge16

I think we will have to wait for a smoother transition: Corsair has said that they had to release the keyboard/software with a limited level of colours and apparently light levels as well.

They are working on a solution, that will involve both the software and the firmware as I understand it.

You're welcome. :):

Beginner here, actually. ;):

I like the slower effect, and the lowered intensity in the middle, so choose to live with the choppiness. ;):

@Lordgeorge16

I think we will have to wait for a smoother transition: Corsair has said that they had to release the keyboard/software with a limited level of colours and apparently light levels as well.

They are working on a solution, that will involve both the software and the firmware as I understand it.

I'm excited to see that, as a few ideas I have simply don't work with the choppiness.

Archived