Corsair Community

Corsair h80i or 212 evo?

threebills9909

So im looking at the 2 of these to cool down my 4790k,im not overclocking i just want something other than the stock cooler.I dont mind about the monetary difference or the noise,i can look at benchmarks all day but i just wanted a hands on opinion from people that have used the 2,which will keep my cpu cooler?Thanks in advance....

I've used both an CM 212 Evo and an H80 (not H80i which I believe is superior) on a 3570K and the H80 gave me better load temps (not a ton lower) and allowed me to exhaust out of the case to not heat up other parts. Both would work, but the H80i would be better. - It also looks better in my opinion.

• Corsair Employee

The CM 212 Evo is pretty awesome and would definitely get the job done efficiently and quietly, but the H80i will likely perform a bit better.

Under the circumstances, you might be okay saving a little bit of bank and going with an H60. If you're not going to overclock, the H60 or H75 would definitely get the job done.

I'd go with the CM 212 EVO. I may be a bit jaded as my H60 died a few days ago after 10 months and I replaced it with the CM 212 EVO.

I'm getting 4 to 5c lower temps with prime95. I'm sure the H80i will do a bit better than the H60, but I'd still go with the 212. I was getting 7 to 8c lower temps with the H60 over the previous air cooler I was using, before it died.

I'm a big fan of Corsair products, over the last 5 years I've bought 2 PSU's, 4 Pairs of RAM, a Case and a few Fans, but I'm just not impressed with their all in one liquid coolers - stick with air, a lot less can go wrong and in this case I don't believe the H80i will give you that much of a difference in performance over the 212, if any, for the price.

I disagree. I've had 4 Corsair AIO's for my own builds and have used tons in builds for friends. I have never had any issue with them and have had better results than the 212 EVO. There's a chance your H60 was not mounted well. With any pump and rad solution you also have the ability to exhaust cpu heat out of your case to help the temps of everything around it (which is critical for smaller form factors).

It was mounted correctly, the H60 just isn't any better than the 212.

There is no doubt the H80i should outperform the 212, but not by that much when you consider the price difference.

There is also no doubt that more can go wrong with the AIO's as there are more variables to consider.

Another consideration is the hydro's will look much better,I never could get used to a big bulky fan setup right in the middle of the m/b.

also the noise level can be much lower when things are properly setup.

but to me having a hydro gives the impression of a high tech build and not one thats just put together...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived