Corsair Community

Having major issues with updating the firmware

Shampoo

Hello all.

I got my K70 RGB yesterday and I'm loving it, however, I am experiencing big problems with the CUE software. The software Installs fine, and it reconizes my keyboard and everything, but whenever I attempt to update my firmware in the device tab, the entire software closes. When I try to open it again, it stays up for about 5 seconds and promptly closes itself again. I understand alot of people are having problems with the software, so I did spent alot of time yesterday looking trough different threads and attempt to fix my problem. Here is a list over everything I have tried:

• Plugging both cables into USB 2.0 connectors
  • Plugging the keyboard cable into a USB 3.0 slot, and the power cable into a USB 2.0.
  • Reinstall the CUE software
  • Rebooting between pluging the keyboard in and installing the software
  • Running the CUE as administrator
  • Plugging the keyboard into every USB slot my computer has
  • Switching the BIOS switch

Additional information:

the firmware the keyboard currently has is version 1.03. I am using the latest 1.2.77 CUE software. My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. I am also using older Corsair peripherals that has it's own software running (Don't know if this can be a problem)

I am including some screenshots of the software I took if it helps:

http://imgur.com/a/XvGez

It could be a conflict with your other peripherals. But here are the steps I took:

1. Uninstalled previous keyboard drivers.

2. Checked my programs file to make sure it is now longer there, if it is deleted it.

3. rebooted my pc.

4. Disconnect old keyboard and connect the K70 RGB using the keyboard connector into s 3.0USB.

5. Installed latest version of CUE, than updated firmware.

It didn't use the second connector, your motherboard is 3.0 so you should be able to just use that.

My problem have now been mostly resolved.

I did try your Suggestion Dodgeboy, without any luck. Then I uninstalled my older corsair software for my mouse and headset. I don't know why but this caused the CUE to freeze my computer during installation, in the same way described here

The way I managed to update my firmware was to do it on my Windows 8 laptop. It worked as advertised on there and was able to update to the latest firmware with ease. Then, All I had to do then was to reinstall the all of my Corsair software on my main PC, and I was golden. I am still having the problem where the CUE closes itself though. It works fine the first time I start it, but if I close it and reopen it, it will close after a couple of seconds by itself.

My problem have now been mostly resolved.

I did try your Suggestion Dodgeboy, without any luck. Then I uninstalled my older corsair software for my mouse and headset. I don't know why but this caused the CUE to freeze my computer during installation, in the same way described here

The way I managed to update my firmware was to do it on my Windows 8 laptop. It worked as advertised on there and was able to update to the latest firmware with ease. Then, All I had to do then was to reinstall the all of my Corsair software on my main PC, and I was golden. I am still having the problem where the CUE closes itself though. It works fine the first time I start it, but if I close it and reopen it, it will close after a couple of seconds by itself.

I know this sounds like back tracking, but did you try running CUE before reinstalling your mouse and headset to see if it stayed open?

Archived