Corsair Community

CUE Installation Crashes my computer

mattocho

I just got my K70 RGB and I cannot install the CUE. I have tried several times, but each time when it gets to the step "Installing Driver 1/2" my entire system crashes and I have to reboot completely. The keyboard works but I only can use the standard colors. I have Windows 8.1 Pro and I have tried getting rid of the standard Microsoft drivers before installing, and that does not work.

• 1 month later...
I just got my K70 RGB and I cannot install the CUE. I have tried several times, but each time when it gets to the step "Installing Driver 1/2" my entire system crashes and I have to reboot completely. The keyboard works but I only can use the standard colors. I have Windows 8.1 Pro and I have tried getting rid of the standard Microsoft drivers before installing, and that does not work.

I have the exact same issue.

Which motherboard are you using? I recall, I was able to install it once or twice by switching the BIOS switch on the keyboard; quite honestly, I don't know why that made a difference. However, with the update, I have ended up at the same problem, during the 1/2 driver installation, my computer crashes.

Have you been able to get any leads or solves on this problem as of yet?

Keep me updated please!

Best,

Seeby

Archived