Corsair Community

M65 Does Not Stay Lit

johndoe86x

Opened a ticket for tracking issue.....after one monthe corsair send me a brand new M65 RGB mice....... but today (two week later) my mice does not stay lit....i need to unplug it and replug the led go on but after few minutes the light goes off again..... :evil::evil::evil::evil:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Opened a ticket for tracking issue.....after one monthe corsair send me a brand new M65 RGB mice....... but today (two week later) my mice does not stay lit....i need to unplug it and replug the led go on but after few minutes the light goes off again..... :evil::evil::evil::evil:

It seems like such an odd problem?

The new mouse which I ordered has arrived, however I'm not at home at the moment so I'll try it later on. I'm not holding much hope really, so it's either turn the lights off and live with it or look at something else if I have the same problem.

Hope it works though!

Very interested to see how a new mouse works for you.. I have my RMA number and just need to call and give credit card for advanced replacement.

But the last two days I've been using it heavily, lifting, going into screen saver move, etc. and the mouse has stayed lit! I changed nothing. So I'm still experimenting for another day.

I did go in and manually set a lighting mode for the M65, rather than rely on a profile. So that could be a clue. I still think it's all software, but your statement about the problem on Mac after lifting kills that thought. I should try and take this mouse to work and install CUE and use it on my office PC and see what happens. Provided it goes out again.. Haha!

At least it's just a little light - I love the mouse - feels good, tracks well, and really makes gaming a blast. Will admit the lights are a novelty but makes the computer fun again!

It seems like such an odd problem?

The new mouse which I ordered has arrived, however I'm not at home at the moment so I'll try it later on. I'm not holding much hope really, so it's either turn the lights off and live with it or look at something else if I have the same problem.

Hope it works though!

Very interested to see how a new mouse works for you.. I have my RMA number and just need to call and give credit card for advanced replacement.

But the last two days I've been using it heavily, lifting, going into screen saver move, etc. and the mouse has stayed lit! I changed nothing. So I'm still experimenting for another day.

I did go in and manually set a lighting mode for the M65, rather than rely on a profile. So that could be a clue. I still think it's all software, but your statement about the problem on Mac after lifting kills that thought. I should try and take this mouse to work and install CUE and use it on my office PC and see what happens. Provided it goes out again.. Haha!

At least it's just a little light - I love the mouse - feels good, tracks well, and really makes gaming a blast. Will admit the lights are a novelty but makes the computer fun again!

Thanks for the update, really appreciated. Strange how yours has just started working now though? I agree, the mouse is superb and whilst the lights are not a deal breaker, I'm just more concerned that something more major might occur.

When you say you manually set a lighting mode instead of a profile, do you mean in the CUE software you just set up zones and then saved it to the mouse? I've tried all kinds of lighting modes but it still just expires once I lift the mouse :sigh!:

I didn't mess with any zones. I just set my keyboard profile, and then turned off CUE link, and went into M65 lighting settings and set a scheme there.

Since I have done it 4 days ago no lifting or use has caused it to go out. Left the computer on for several hours in and out of sleep modes, games, and all programs that I use for work...

I'm really starting to think it's just a nuance of the software and not the mouse at all. But I'm still testing and playing. Have a laptop

from work here today, and I might install cue on it and attach it there and see what happens.

Don't want to make Corsair replace it if it's a software issue. For two weeks I could easily reproduce it and not I can't. But honestly, I set the profile and am afraid to mess with it now that it works! haha.

I'll keep an eye on this and report back any findings.

Thanks for the update, really appreciated. Strange how yours has just started working now though? I agree, the mouse is superb and whilst the lights are not a deal breaker, I'm just more concerned that something more major might occur.

When you say you manually set a lighting mode instead of a profile, do you mean in the CUE software you just set up zones and then saved it to the mouse? I've tried all kinds of lighting modes but it still just expires once I lift the mouse :sigh!:

I didn't mess with any zones. I just set my keyboard profile, and then turned off CUE link, and went into M65 lighting settings and set a scheme there.

Since I have done it 4 days ago no lifting or use has caused it to go out. Left the computer on for several hours in and out of sleep modes, games, and all programs that I use for work...

I'm really starting to think it's just a nuance of the software and not the mouse at all. But I'm still testing and playing. Have a laptop

from work here today, and I might install cue on it and attach it there and see what happens.

Don't want to make Corsair replace it if it's a software issue. For two weeks I could easily reproduce it and not I can't. But honestly, I set the profile and am afraid to mess with it now that it works! haha.

I'll keep an eye on this and report back any findings.

Well, I'm sorry to report even the new device doesn't work, does exactly the same as the previous, lights go out after lifting the mouse from the surface.

Initially it worked and I could pick the mouse up etc. on first use. Changed the lights in the CUE software and everything was fine. Left the computer for a couple of hours so it could go to sleep. Keyboard lights were off, however the mouse lights remained on. I picked up the mouse and off went the lights.

I've rebooted my machine and tried various settings in the CUE software including link mode on / off and off go the lights when I pick up the mouse after a min or so.

I've no idea what to try or what to do next. I have two M65 RGB's that switch off, whether CUE software is installed or not :sigh!:

NOTE: It looked as though the lights were staying on just, I could life the mouse and everything was fine. Started adjusting the DPI settings via the mouse buttons, lifted the mouse and off it went again. I think you're right, there seems to be very buggy software or my Strafe RGB is causing a strange conflict in CUE.

So interesting!! I have gone 5 days now - no problem. PM me - let's try having you setup CUE in a similar way as me and see what happens.....

I'm going to change my profile right now and see what happens. Been using Fallout on my K70, and then just manually chose a lighting mode for both my headphone and m65 in CUE after setting the keyboard profile, making it default and writing it to memory.

I have this theory that some profiles cause this - so since I had trouble with Sky Williams I am going to load that one right now and test.

Well, I'm sorry to report even the new device doesn't work, does exactly the same as the previous, lights go out after lifting the mouse from the surface.

Initially it worked and I could pick the mouse up etc. on first use. Changed the lights in the CUE software and everything was fine. Left the computer for a couple of hours so it could go to sleep. Keyboard lights were off, however the mouse lights remained on. I picked up the mouse and off went the lights.

I've rebooted my machine and tried various settings in the CUE software including link mode on / off and off go the lights when I pick up the mouse after a min or so.

I've no idea what to try or what to do next. I have two M65 RGB's that switch off, whether CUE software is installed or not :sigh!:

NOTE: It looked as though the lights were staying on just, I could life the mouse and everything was fine. Started adjusting the DPI settings via the mouse buttons, lifted the mouse and off it went again. I think you're right, there seems to be very buggy software or my Strafe RGB is causing a strange conflict in CUE.

• Corsair Employee
I still think that it's firmware, not software related since it does it without CUE installed.

Have you guys @Corsair gotten my mouse to do it consistently?

What is your RMA number? I will check with customer service to see if we have received it.

I still think that it's firmware, not software related since it does it without CUE installed.

Have you guys @Corsair gotten my mouse to do it consistently?

I would tend to agree with this. I noticed my m65 lights hadn't turned off for a whole day. When I opened CUE I noticed the mouse wasn't even detected. The colors on the lights seems to be running just fine from the stored profile. When I unplugged/replugged the mouse CUE detected it and I once again had problems.

I do have the updated 1.19 firmware updated via CUE.

I've just signed up to say that I had this problem just now, with a new K70 RGB, M65 combo. Latest CUE and firmware. The keyboard lights were working fine, but the M65 lit up once and as soon as I got into Windows (10 64-bit), all lights on the mouse went out.

I tried to save my lighting profile to the mouse, but it still would not light up, only if I removed it from the usb port and put it back in. Multiple reboots/on-off, no good. I do not have CUE start up at boot.

In the end, I deleted every 'mice' entry from the device manager and rebooted. All working fine now :)

EDIT: Lights have gone out after switching around profiles (even though saved to device memory. However this is a more rare occurrence )

Currently everything is working (I will update if lights go out)

A combination of things to try (do this in order until hopefully lighting issues eventually stop):

• Make sure CUE and Mouse Firmware are latest version (Force update firmware on mouse via CUE)
  • Save mouse profile to device memory (as of current only the profiles saved to my M65 rgb stay on), also make sure that CUE Link is disabled (on the bottom left of CUE on the profiles tab)
  • Backup your profiles and uninstall CUE and remove all user settings, then run CCleaner. Now reinstall CUE.
  • In control panel make the following changes: go to power options > change plan settings (on what current plan you are using) > change advanced power settings > USB Settings > DISABLE usb selective suspend setting
    Another thing to try: Control Panel > Power Options > change what the power buttons do > Change settings that are currently unavailable > disable fast start-up
  • Change polling rate of mouse to 500 Hz (fiddle around with these settings. Currently mine is now working on 1000Hz)

Hope this will help someone at least get a temporary fix... If all else fails, try clearing the mouse drivers and rebooting. Hopefully Corsair can help us out...

• 4 weeks later...

Well, add another one to the list. Just received my M65 and sure enough the lights go out after a little bit or if you lift the mouse off of the desk.

This seems like an old post and they still have not figured out this problem??

There doesn't seem to be a solid fix for this POS, so I guess I have to go the RMA route which so many others have?

The only way I can get the lights to come back are either restart the computer, or change the polling rate in the CUE.

is there a fix?

I haven't found a fix yet - nor has there really been one - lots of suggestions though. I was gonna RMA it but decided to hold off and play some more. Some weeks I go days no problem.

Lately I've been staying out of CUE and haven't had a single problem. Gonna continue with that theory.... (not that all my other ones haven't failed! haha)

I have a new gaming laptop coming so I'll have another computer to test it on soon too. If all goes well I may be picking up the Pro version next month for my desktop and will keep the RGB original for the laptop if it works well there.. We'll see.

Update - in 3 weeks my mouse lights haven't gone out. What's different? I haven't touched CUE.

So to test this theory - I started CUE and low and behold - not 10 minutes later the lights went out..

So I've rebooted and left CUE off, and lights now staying on again. Very interesting.... So now the question is what does starting the CUE application interfere with to cause this. Solution for now - don't mess with it unless I need to change something! Then reboot after updates to devices. Whatever!

Well, after a week (not opening CUE) it did go out today after about 40 minutes of heavy use. Darn! Theory foiled again.

I have a new Alienware coming this week. Ordered the RGB Pro version of the M65 mouse to go with it (actually pro for my desktop and this RGB version for my laptop since I don't case about the light there if it is still an issue).

So I will be testing further on that laptop! Stay tuned.

** news **

Got my M65 RGB pro today. Plugged it in and did surface calibration. And guess what happeend. Yep! Every time I reset thew mouse and circle it around on my mouse pad the lights go out! So this proves the issue is not the mouse hardware directly. Two different mice now do the exact same thing in my environment! I even upgraded the firmware on the new mouse to the latest version (wasn't at the latest rev when I booted up CUE).

A reboot of the computer does not stop this behavior for me so the issue with this is worse with the new mouse than the old one!!!! So ok Corsair support - ball is in your court now!! Please fix this issue. I've invested another $60 in your products. :-)

FWIW - the surface calibration does make mouse operate a little more smoothly, and I really like the new scroll wheel. Otherwise I'm not using nearly close to 12k DPI yet so can't report back on that benefit. But I needed another gaming mouse and I love this one's feel and so my main rig got the upgrade. But I so really realyl hope I can fix the lighting issue soon.

I'll continue to report back - my Alienware is due Thursday. And I'll test both devices on it. If it's something with CUE then I'll be able to recreate, and if it's something with my desktop rig setup then it will not occur.... Hope my efforts are worthwhile to some. (Including support!)

I have been using this mouse for a week now and have been having these lighting issues constantly. It has been so bad that sometimes the lights would only stay on for about 10 minutes before randomly going out. The only way to get them to come back on was to either unplug the mouse, reboot the computer, or change the polling rate in CUE. It's been so frustrating! After doing a lot of research and seeing that this has been an ongoing problem since apparently 2014 and it appeared that there was going to be no fix any time soon, I pretty much gave up and put in a return request with Amazon and ordered myself a Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum to replace this faulty mouse. Well I booted up my computer a few hours ago after coming home from work and to my surprise I received a notification through CUE about a firmware update for my M65. I installed the 2.02 update and so far so good! The lights have stayed on for several hours now. My replacement mouse arrives in the mail tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the lights keep working. I really don't want to return this mouse because I love everything about it, as long as it's working properly. So hopefully this firmware update does the trick.

Oddly the firmware to the PRO version didn't update today (it's at 2.01) - so tomorrow when I get my new laptop I'll test my non-pro version of my M65. This is encouraging - guess a new version of CUE also came out recently (I uninstalled and reinstalled last night) and my keyboard also got an upgrade....

Today my RGB Pro seems to be stable...

Will continue to watch and report my findings as well. Thanks!

I have been using this mouse for a week now and have been having these lighting issues constantly. It has been so bad that sometimes the lights would only stay on for about 10 minutes before randomly going out. The only way to get them to come back on was to either unplug the mouse, reboot the computer, or change the polling rate in CUE. It's been so frustrating! After doing a lot of research and seeing that this has been an ongoing problem since apparently 2014 and it appeared that there was going to be no fix any time soon, I pretty much gave up and put in a return request with Amazon and ordered myself a Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum to replace this faulty mouse. Well I booted up my computer a few hours ago after coming home from work and to my surprise I received a notification through CUE about a firmware update for my M65. I installed the 2.02 update and so far so good! The lights have stayed on for several hours now. My replacement mouse arrives in the mail tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the lights keep working. I really don't want to return this mouse because I love everything about it, as long as it's working properly. So hopefully this firmware update does the trick.

Update - in 3 weeks my mouse lights haven't gone out. What's different? I haven't touched CUE.

So to test this theory - I started CUE and low and behold - not 10 minutes later the lights went out..

So I've rebooted and left CUE off, and lights now staying on again. Very interesting.... So now the question is what does starting the CUE application interfere with to cause this. Solution for now - don't mess with it unless I need to change something! Then reboot after updates to devices. Whatever!

I think you are onto something with this theory. I had my Strafe RGB in for RMA so I didnt have it for most of April. This meant I had no reason to open CUE. The mouse remained lit almost that whole time. I think it went out once. CUE clearly is the major issue with M65 lighting issues.

So update after receiving my new M65 RBG Pro and the new Alienware laptop.

My old M65 RGB mouse is happily living on the Alienware and no lights out issues. I've updated the firmware on it and have the latest version of CUE.

My new mouse M65 Pro RGB is sitting on my desktop with the latest version of CUE and also has not seen any lights out issues.

This is my week one report. But even with CUE running it's been good. Fortunately I was not one of those reporting firmware issues updating. The new PRO mouse seems a tad jumpy still even at same tracking rates. I probably need to play with technique in surface mapping feature some more. I'll report back in a few weeks if nothing bad happens.....

Archived