Corsair Community

K70 old vs new

Dompi

Hey

My keyboard just died so I need a new one, however I was wondering

if theres a difference between the old k70 and the new k70 except the rgb and the logo? I only need the red color so if its no difference I'll go for the old one!!

Thanks

Other difference i can think of is the software that comes with the K70 RGB keyboard and the L.E.D. are less prone to die as they are mounted on the PCB.

Okey, thanks for the fast replay!

Going for the old one then. Only need it full black or with red, and the original logo looks so much better :)

Note that the old K70 does NOT have any kind of software, only a firmware update. If you want to be able to use macros and such with the keyboard you need to get the new RGB version or an old K95 one.

Oh, okey. But its any dedicated macro keys on the k70? And the lighting on the old, can you switch it on/off on the keyboard itself then?

Oh, okey. But its any dedicated macro keys on the k70? And the lighting on the old, can you switch it on/off on the keyboard itself then?

If you wanted dedicated macro keys, you should look into the K95, and yes you can turn the lighting to 3 set brightness settings including off with an onboard brightness switch. I sound like someone from marketing but if you really have the money, I really recommend the RGB versions , the LEDs will be more reliable because of the isolation from static (This was a big problem with the old versions) and the software customization is better and being constantly improved.

If you wanted dedicated macro keys, you should look into the K95, and yes you can turn the lighting to 3 set brightness settings including off with an onboard brightness switch. I sound like someone from marketing but if you really have the money, I really recommend the RGB versions , the LEDs will be more reliable because of the isolation from static (This was a big problem with the old versions) and the software customization is better and being constantly improved.

I can get the old one for 156$ and new for 205$ (k70). Im looking for the brown or the blue switches and need a nordic layout.. And I know I sound like a cry baby but I would really like the old logo, and it seems like only the red switches will be in nordic. So guess I'll take the old one, thanks for your advice tho :)

Archived