Corsair Community

H100i Tapping Pump Resolves Performance

i_need_a_coffee

After much troubleshooting into why performance was so lousy on my H100i (idle temps 50C- 60C), I discovered tapping the pump unit while running with a pen or similar hard object fixes the problem and idle temps immediately fall to about 30C. At first I thought great problem solved, but now the poor performance is back (same day after being off and then some gaming) and once again tapping the pump resolved the high temps. My first question is what might be causing this? Air bubbles? Second question is will this problem keep returning or is there something I could do? Note my rad is mounted horizontally at the top of the case, hoses run up from pump.

What are the pump RPM's before and after you tap the pump unit? You can check this in the BIOS. (If the 3-pin plug from the H100i is connected to the CPU_FAN header)

You can lay the case flat for a few hours to see if its an air bubble causing the issue as well.

Just repeated this whole scenario again (third time today). This time I checked pump rpm before and after (as toasted suggested) and there was no change in rpm. I'll try laying the case flat as suggested to see if that helps. I can't imagine it being anything other than air bubbles given the symptoms ...but I'm not sure if that's fixable?

Well after several hours laying flat (both running and off) it seems to be getting worse. Tapping the pump still resolves the poor performance temporarily, but temps slowly but steadily begin to creep back up. I think I have exhausted enough of my time troubleshooting what seems to be a defective unit, so now I will try the RMA process. Thanks for the suggestion(s).

Archived