Corsair Community

Corsair 330r case fans are loud since new mobo

equinoxqq

Hello,

Recently i got a new GPU, Mobo and PSU and I've always been happy from my corsair 330r case it ran quiet and nice even open case, but since short i got a new motherboard, the ASRock ASRock b75 pro3-m. Their bios design is nice and all but their fanspeeds are controlled with a max temp and sound "level" that ranges from one to ten.

I can't stand hearing my pc being loud so i put the max temp at 50C and the case/ cpu fans at level one. The lowest level is still really loud for me though.

I know this is more of an issue with the Mobo but i already posted to the ASRock forums with not much reply

http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/59734-asrock-b75-pro3-m-how-get-quiet-pc-preset-fan-settings.html

Any help is appreciated.

Have you looked into updating the BIOS? That may help. ASRock may also provide software that may allow you to set custom curves so look into it and that too may help lower the fan noise.

If not, you can get a fan controller instead and use that to control the fans.

• Corsair Employees

I'm not above whoring out the Corsair Link Commander Mini over and over. I've been using it in all of my builds (including my personal ones) since it came out and the fan control is absolutely stellar.

If the ASRock board's fan control winds up being useless, a Commander Mini would definitely solve your problems.

Have you looked into updating the BIOS? That may help. ASRock may also provide software that may allow you to set custom curves so look into it and that too may help lower the fan noise.

If not, you can get a fan controller instead and use that to control the fans.

There seem to only be a custom RPM for my CPU fan, but i'll check for a BIOS update.

I'm not above whoring out the Corsair Link Commander Mini over and over. I've been using it in all of my builds (including my personal ones) since it came out and the fan control is absolutely stellar.

If the ASRock board's fan control winds up being useless, a Commander Mini would definitely solve your problems.

Will it work with 3pin fans?

Archived