Corsair Community

Memory CMD32GX3M4A2400C10

William1

I'll preface to say, I am not a rocket scientist.

I just built my first PC. I got 32 GB Corsair C10 CMD32GX3M4A2400C10 running Win 10 X64.

My mother board reports it is 1333 MHz but the memory is supposed to be 2400.

I changed it in BIOS (from setting the speed itself to me telling it) yet the MSI reporting tool says it is 1333. Am I missing something? I am happy with how the machine runs for the most part. I've attached a image of the MSI reporting screen.

Also, should there be other values that need to be adjusted to optimize things>

896067139_MSIZ97PowerMaxACReportingofCorsairMemory.JPG.ec069c8c286e879f7f1f63ca0f4e4497.JPG

Does CPU-Z memory tab report a 1200MHz clock rate? Then everything is fine. Otherwise you have to have to manually enable the XMP. Your mainboards user manual should mention how this is done.

The reported speed in the image does not take the Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) of the kit into account. So that why only DDR3-1333 is shown, as this is the fastest available standard profile in the SPD. That is not a bug within the software/UEFI or a problem with your memory. You will see a similar notion of Max Bandwidth in CPU-Z's SPD tab, that gets misinterpreted in the same way all the time. As long as the XMP is there, all is good. So don't worry about it.

Archived