Corsair Community

Gigabyte K8NS Pro (Nforce 3) and TwinX1024-3200C2PT

murph550

My memory only runs at 166mhz, and i dont no what slots to run it in to achieve the 200mhz. Also, what is the command to access the memory timing settings in BIOS, and lastly, last time i moved one of modules, i noticed that one side of the heat spreader slid down the module a bit, how do u tak theses off/reposition them, or should i not even worry about it?

• Corsair Employees

If the Heat Spreaders have moved, you can try and slide them back up but DO NOT remove them. Or I would suggest we just get them replaced.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

And the bios settings that are hidden can be shown by hitting CNTRL + F1 at the main bios screen and the modules should be in slots 1-3 or 2-3 and you may have to set the timings and frequency manually, but I would test the system with http://www.memtest.org and please make sure that you have the latest bios version installed.

With this MB I would suggest you set the Dim Over Voltage Control to +.2 Volts:

CAS Latency CL=2.5

Row Cycle Time tRC Bios Default

Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC Bios Default

Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3

Row to Row delay Bios Default

Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 6

Row Precharge Time tRP 3

Write Recovery Time Bios Default

Write to Read delay Bios Default

Read to Write Delay Bios Default

Refresh Period tREF Bios Default

Enable 2T Timing Enabled

Then test the system with http://www.memtest.org and make sure it's stable!

I have tried the CNTRL-F1 but nothing happens, bios just flickers real fast, the heatspreader only moved like a 1/4 inch so im not gonna worry about that. All i need to no is how to get into the part of BIOS allowing me to change theses settings around. Currently they are in slots 2/3. Also what is the highest fsb setting and voltage settings that are within the warrenty?

Archived