Corsair Community

New Version of CUE Available: 1.2.77 (11/1/2014)

Corsair James

Guys, select hardware profile 1 from the profiles. Your keyboard lights should turn off, then click on the square options button next to where you choose the profile and select "save profile to device memory". After that you can switch back to any profile ( don't change profile saved to device memory) from the quick launch button in the taskbar. It will stay in that mode whenever cue is running but upon shut down will switch to the blank hardware profile that you saved to memory. No need to fuss around with erp in bios. As far as I understand hardware profile 1 should be a default profile that everyone has. If not you could just create a profile with lights off and save that one to device memory.

Unfortunately this does not work. I have a profile named HwProfile1 which I believe is the original one. Regardless of saving this to the keyboard , the keyboard remains "on". I can as you suggest make a empty, non-lite profile as a work around. However the keyboard is still "on".

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately this does not work. I have a profile named HwProfile1 which I believe is the original one. Regardless of saving this to the keyboard , the keyboard remains "on". I can as you suggest make a empty, non-lite profile as a work around. However the keyboard is still "on".

Doesn't matter if the keyboard is still "on", as long as all the lights are off what difference does it make? Your old keyboards were still "on" as well they were just smart enough to turn their lights off during shut down and sleep. As long as your motherboard still supplies power to your usb ports during s5 (off) than anything plugged in is still receiving power. Almost all high end motherboards continue to still provide power to the usb ports when turned off.

Doesn't matter if the keyboard is still "on", as long as all the lights are off what difference does it make? Your old keyboards were still "on" as well they were just smart enough to turn their lights off during shut down and sleep. As long as your motherboard still supplies power to your usb ports during s5 (off) than anything plugged in is still receiving power. Almost all high end motherboards continue to still provide power to the usb ports when turned off.

I agree, I don't see harm. The bottom line is though is that this is a change for me. It was "properly" turning off without me having to do anything special. Now with this new version something seems to have changed. By my nature I want to understand what changed and try to problem solve it.

K95 RGB:

mpoffo's excellent suggestion does work as far as powering off the lights.

However, on reboot the profiles do not work properly. So I have to run software repair each time to get it working. I'm still using ver. 1.2.74. But since Corsair has been ignoring these comments, I'm guessing that their new version 1.77 will not work either.

Welp, i normally don't like to rant but today i officially just disconnected my K95 as the terrible software kept freezing my keyboard AND also locking up applications (including USB functionality).

I've plugged in my old Ducky mech for now and uninstalled the Corsair utility. It's so annoying having to shut down my PC, unplug my k95 several times an hour. Corsair please do something.

Welp, i normally don't like to rant but today i officially just disconnected my K95 as the terrible software kept freezing my keyboard AND also locking up applications (including USB functionality).

I've plugged in my old Ducky mech for now and uninstalled the Corsair utility. It's so annoying having to shut down my PC, unplug my k95 several times an hour. Corsair please do something.

I used to have the exact same problem a few updates ago, I was using USB 3.0. I switched to 2 USB 2.0 and it completely fixed it. With the latest version of the CUE though I reswitched to USB 3.0 and it works properly.

• Corsair Employee
Hi, Corsair, is it possible to make profiles link to multiple programs? I know i can do it by duplicate the same profile and link to another program, just wondering if linking to multiple program is a possible update to CUE

I recommend you duplicate the profile and link to each application you want to use it as a workaround for now.

• Corsair Employee
Well, I have not been able to figure it out. There must have been a change somewhere but I am not sure what the last update did to cause this issue. If I Enable ERP in the power section the keyboard will "turn off", only to go into super rainbow mode when power is off. I have not changed any settings on my bios other than that.

Perhaps someone better versed than me can explain how a change in software would effect the keyboard when the system is powered down. Does it have something to do with the memory settings on the K95 retaining some setting that keeps it powered on?

Also if anyone can assist with going back to the old version it would be appreciated. A simple uninstall does not work.

This means that the USB port is still supplying power to the keyboard. You will have to turn off this feature as well in the BIOS (check your manual to see if there is any "phone charging" mode).

• Corsair Employee
Guys, select hardware profile 1 from the profiles. Your keyboard lights should turn off, then click on the square options button next to where you choose the profile and select "save profile to device memory". After that you can switch back to any profile ( don't change profile saved to device memory) from the quick launch button in the taskbar. It will stay in that mode whenever cue is running but upon shut down will switch to the blank hardware profile that you saved to memory. No need to fuss around with erp in bios. As far as I understand hardware profile 1 should be a default profile that everyone has. If not you could just create a profile with lights off and save that one to device memory.

This is a good workaround, thanks for sharing!

• Corsair Employee
Hello here ! first i am sorry for my bad english -_- . I took the permission to post here because i have the same probleme when i turn off my computer , led's turn on a red mod (all keys) when PC shutting down and then stay alight altough the PC is off . The issue start when i install the last CUE version last days ...The probleme is that i have delete the hardware profile 1 at the first installation and replaced by my personal profil i have saved in the keyboard memory... I try to go back to the older version of CUE (1.1.57) but after installing , i can't lunch it , the app crash -_-

So actually i am using the last CUE but i have to turn off led's manually before shutting down PC . Any solutions ? thanks in advance .

ONe of the workarounds to this is to enable ErP in your BIOS so the keyboard stays off. However, you may have to turn your Sleep Mode to S3 so it still wakes the system up from key input.

• Corsair Employee
I'll try that, but in the past this hasn't worked on OLDER software releases. Also my girlfriend has the K65 with BOTH usb 2.0 ports plugged in and she still freezes frequently :(

If it is going into Rainbow Demo Mode, you also have to disable any type of phone charging as the USB port is still supplying power (without enumeration).

Any idea on how to remove a profile from on-board memory? Even with that being the only profile on the CUE software, it still for some reason defaulting to the deleted RED/fading white WASD/arrow profile when starting the computer.

I've tried deleting CUE/CCcleaning Registry and all Windows Cache options/manually deletingall Roaming/Temp/AppData folders.

This problem seems to have started with the newest CUE/when I started ErP mode through the BIOS. Because there is no power being drawn I presume after shutdown, the keyboard seems to initialize as if it's being powered on for the first time (thus ignoring from what seems to be a pointless on-board profile) and simply uses a nonexistent profile (that I deleted in CUE then uninstalled CUE) of the red/white default.

I would presume onboard profile would work, but that is just a thoery based on ErP mode being off, and energy saving from USB throughput being disabled, thus the keyboard never shuts down, and never loses the data? But then again even without onboard profiling, it did this in the past as it seemed to cache the last loaded profile on the keyboard and kept looping the effects anyway when the computer was shut down. Thus I dont understand what the point of on-board profiles are?

If it is going into Rainbow Demo Mode, you also have to disable any type of phone charging as the USB port is still supplying power (without enumeration).

Ok, i'll look into that. Thanks James. But to be honest, i'm not going to be using my K95 until the next firmware / software update rolls through. I feel like i should have given you more info:

1) i notice my keyboard will freeze when my cpu gets to almost 100% load, such as logging into windows then opening 4-5 applications at a time (Mumble, Origin, Foobar Player, HWMonitor, Steam). When playing Battlefield 4 this is when a lot of freezing happens, although even just idling on my desktop causes random freezing

2) As the keyboard is about to freeze, i notice my usb mouse starts to lag. As soon as that happens i look down at my keyboard and see it lock up.

3) Powering down the computer will not turn off the keyboard & the frozen state will remain on the same color(s). But what you said above about the usb phone charging feature might help this.

3a) i have a Z77 Asus Sabertooth mobo, i7 3770k, Win 8.1 x64, please let me know if you'd like me to gather more info on my specs.

Thanks again for responding, i'm really hoping a stable release is coming soon. Until that comes, i'm sticking with my Ducky.

Also, after uninstalling the Corsair utility are there any leftover file(s) i need to delete? It seems after i re-install the utility my profiles are still saved which means something is still being left behind. I'd like to start from scratch again

Also, after uninstalling the Corsair utility are there any leftover file(s) i need to delete? It seems after i re-install the utility my profiles are still saved which means something is still being left behind. I'd like to start from scratch again

flb0ner:

I ran into the same thing. Also, after uninstall of ver. 1.2.74 I was unable to go back and reinstall ver. 1.1.57 (which used to work). So I had to revert to 1.2.74.

• Corsair Employee

Go to explorer, type in %appdata%, and while youre in the roaming folder, navigate to /Corsair/HID and delete the entire HID folder. This will purge all profiles, actions, and lighting.

• Corsair Employee
Using K95RGB:

On bootup the profile settings do not work properly. I have to run "repair installation" each time.

Does Corsair have a solution yet for this problem?

This is the first I have heard of this issue. What are you repairing? CUE?

• Corsair Employee
Any idea on how to remove a profile from on-board memory? Even with that being the only profile on the CUE software, it still for some reason defaulting to the deleted RED/fading white WASD/arrow profile when starting the computer.

I've tried deleting CUE/CCcleaning Registry and all Windows Cache options/manually deletingall Roaming/Temp/AppData folders.

This problem seems to have started with the newest CUE/when I started ErP mode through the BIOS. Because there is no power being drawn I presume after shutdown, the keyboard seems to initialize as if it's being powered on for the first time (thus ignoring from what seems to be a pointless on-board profile) and simply uses a nonexistent profile (that I deleted in CUE then uninstalled CUE) of the red/white default.

I would presume onboard profile would work, but that is just a thoery based on ErP mode being off, and energy saving from USB throughput being disabled, thus the keyboard never shuts down, and never loses the data? But then again even without onboard profiling, it did this in the past as it seemed to cache the last loaded profile on the keyboard and kept looping the effects anyway when the computer was shut down. Thus I dont understand what the point of on-board profiles are?

You can't delete the onboard profile but you can overwrite the profile by saving a different version of it. The onboard profile retains your custom background lighting and your performance tab settings.

Archived