Corsair Community

need RMA please ram obviously broken :(

jesse

bought a system over a year ago from TheXsystem.com The ram is Corsair XMS ExtremePC3200 DDR - 512. a month ago I started getting random crashes. they increased, so I switched different parts with a friend, when we switched the ram it crashed his computer. We left it in his computer and I kept his ram. now mine works fine and his crashes. So its safe to assume the ram is broken. how do i get an RMA?

im not sure what the part # is so ill write all that i see on the stick. sorry :)

CMX512-3200C2

XMS3202v1.2

im assuming its one of those?

i have a P4 2.8/800mhz and an abit IS7 mobo. I chose this ram because it was said to be the very best quality, and so i shelled out the extra cash for it. very unhappy that it broke :[pouts:

• Corsair Employee

Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your MB and load Setup/optimized default settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

TwinX1024 or TwinX512-3200C2

Softmenu SetUp

CPU Freq: 200

DRAM Clock: 400 MHz

CPU:DRAM ratio: 1:1

Memory or Dim Reference voltage: 2.75 Volts

System performance: Standard

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

Advanced/Chipset

Configure Dram timing by SPD: Disabled/User define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T (2.5T AMD Platform)

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

SDRAM Burst Length: 8

All other settings should be set to default settings!

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

• 2 weeks later...
after continueing to run perfect i switched your ram back into the computer to do these tests. all settings in bios were correct but as i suspected the computer crashed constantly and i was not able to even download the program. its obviously your ram that is the problem here. please send RMA.

Archived