Corsair Community

Corsair RGB Keyboard USB Connection Requirements

Yellowbeard

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I met the majority of you guys are all using HID devices with default polling rates of at least 500Mhz. That's checking for use interaction 500 times a second. My other problem was that about two months ago I got the MFG Crosswinds rudder pedals for FSX. Pc wouldn't even boot, I found out in adition to the hall sensors having 500Mhz polling rate, each axis pedal had over 65,000 actual positions.

When the BIOS hands all this data over to the OS, it just doesn't want to know, hence all problems. A fix I discovered was to disable XHCI (I keep referring to it differently in diff posts) in the BIOS. I'm just assuming some intel unit somewhere either retains management of this indefinitely or until Windows (7) is ready. I think I read that Windows sees 256 on say a basic joystick, but in reality is creating 128 or 256 in software. Then on aother day it has to deal with the Logitech Proteus which has a top polling rate of 14,000 or 16,000 Mhz. If anyone wants to try that xhci handoff thing and needs a hand, feel free to let me know. I have yet to experience any difference except that rudder pedals let windows boot, let me configure them and enjoy them in FSX which unfortunately I know some users of non-Asus MBs haven't. I'm using the Z90A-K,the budget option from that line, yet I oc'ing like never before without any manual voltage changes- 3.5Ghz to 4.5Ghz (4770k) in about 2 weeks purely by raising the base clock and adding a fan. Got lucky, smallest case I ever had and I have only recently removed my DVD player (I know...) and an unnecessary WD Caviar Green 1TB. Anyone who wants it can have for P&P. SSDS are just ridiculous, and I've only owned a SATA 3 one.

I won't move to M.2 or PCI-E til prices drop dramatically.

Sorry for rambling....hope people have luck,

Paul

FYI: If anyone has issues in games whereby turning while strafing causes choppy movement/stuttering, plug your keyboard into a USB3 port.

My K65 RGB was having this issue. It took me 2 days to work out what it was...

• 3 weeks later...
I have the Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard. And I got USB 3.0. So I just need to plug in the connector with the keyboard image on it? WTF I got this keyboard since last year and until now i used 2 connectors and always had problems with malfunction bug LOL

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this is the same problem or not but I think I have something similar going on with mine.

I have a Strafe RGB and at random times my keyboards indicator lights for Caps,Scroll, and Num lock would get stuck in whatever position they happen to be in at the time. I do use Caps lock as my push to talk in voice chat so could I be triggering the same issue? I never really had the LEDS freeze or the keys not register just the indicator lights. Unplugging and plugging back in fixed it.

I didn't realize the Strafe only needed one to be plugged in but since I bought it I have both cords plugged in both USB 3.0. I just now plugged only the cord with the keyboard symbol on it.

I am waiting to see if my problem still persists but I was just wondering if this sounded like the same kind of issue.

EDIT: If I spam caps lock it still freezes up. Had windows repair the keyboard just for the hell of it and it said that the keyboard has crashed and it restarted it for me. This is very irritating.

• 2 months later...

Archived