Corsair Community

H100i 2 x Quick Questions

Seketh

I'm getting my H100i tomorrow (anxious :D:) and I just have the following questions:

1) Is there any difference in having the tubing to the right instead of the left, as most people have it? It just looks less cluttered and having the tubes on the left seems to block the rear fan. Plus, it blocks the cool Corsair logo ;):

2) Do I connect my case fans to the H100i? If not, how do I control them? Can I just use the Corsair Link software + AI Suite 3? Won't both software try to control the CPU fan speed?

Thank you!

1) Exactly! Which is why I moved the hoses from the left to the right. :)

2) Yes, connect your rad fans to the h100i and control them with the Link software. I had both running but ended up dropping the Asus software.

Is there a reason you prefer Corsair Link instead of the Asus software? I'm getting a sabertooth with Thermal Radar and am wondering which way I'm going to go. Direct link is nice cause of the RBG feature, but I think with the Sabertooth and temperature sensors, the better way for me to go is to connect them to the motherboard and use the Asus software. But then i don't know which is really better or more accurate.

2) Yes, connect your rad fans to the h100i and control them with the Link software. I had both running but ended up dropping the Asus software.

you can place your h100i in any orientation that suits you best

the h100i fans can connect where ever you choose but connecting them to the hydro allows the h100i to control them

using aisuite can conflict on some machines

Thank you for your answers, but I wasn't asking about the radiator fans, I'm asking about the case fans. Do I also connect those to the h100i? Or can I control my case fans with Corsair Link even though they're connected to the motherboard?

I have a back and rear fan, I run them both at 700RPM and they are barely audible, but without control the back fan is really loud.

By the way, any last minute tips for not messing up the installation?

if their 4 pin pwm fans ,the software could control hooked to hydro or mb but being theres so many types and models of fans,you would just need to check and see.

They are both 3 pin. So I guess it's better to connect the case fans to the h100i, correct?

They are both 3 pin. So I guess it's better to connect the case fans to the h100i, correct?

no to the mb,,the hydro i model is designed for 4 pin fans

of course you could get the link commander mini and control your fans most any ways be it 3 or 4 pin fans...

Is there a reason you prefer Corsair Link instead of the Asus software? I'm getting a sabertooth with Thermal Radar and am wondering which way I'm going to go. Direct link is nice cause of the RBG feature, but I think with the Sabertooth and temperature sensors, the better way for me to go is to connect them to the motherboard and use the Asus software. But then i don't know which is really better or more accurate.

The Asus software has a lot more features, but was pretty buggy to me. The Link software is simple so I had more confidence in it. Been pretty stable so far. I use the MB bios for setting up the MB fans (custom curves on everything in link and MB bios).

Thank you for your answers, but I wasn't asking about the radiator fans, I'm asking about the case fans. Do I also connect those to the h100i? Or can I control my case fans with Corsair Link even though they're connected to the motherboard?

I have a back and rear fan, I run them both at 700RPM and they are barely audible, but without control the back fan is really loud.

By the way, any last minute tips for not messing up the installation?

In order for any fan to register on Corsair Link they have to be attached to the Link hub that sits on top of your CPU. It comes with adapters you can attach a total of 4 fans to it. Corsair also offers a secondary hub that you can buy that can do another 8 in total fans. If they aren't attached to the Link and attached to the motherboard, Link can't see them and you have to use another monitoring software to see them. The H100i comes with two slots for the Link and you have two adapters that can do 3/4 pins to attach to the link. The hub is the same way.

The Asus software has a lot more features, but was pretty buggy to me. The Link software is simple so I had more confidence in it. Been pretty stable so far. I use the MB bios for setting up the MB fans (custom curves on everything in link and MB bios).

Yeah I'm torn on this myself. I have heard different things about the accuracy of actual temperatures with both programs. Like the CPU, some say Asus mobos will accurately tell the temperature while Link cannot, others say neither can and you need a third party software. Kinda hard to tell. I do know with the Sabertooth, it comes with temperature sensors you put through out the case to monitor zones and that software apparently can adjust each fan individually to turn at different rates to keep the temperature throughout the case consistent so you don't have hot/cold zones. This appeals to me if it works.

In order for any fan to register on Corsair Link they have to be attached to the Link hub that sits on top of your CPU. It comes with adapters you can attach a total of 4 fans to it. Corsair also offers a secondary hub that you can buy that can do another 8 in total fans. If they aren't attached to the Link and attached to the motherboard, Link can't see them and you have to use another monitoring software to see them. The H100i comes with two slots for the Link and you have two adapters that can do 3/4 pins to attach to the link. The hub is the same way.

actually the secondary hub is called a cooling node which supports an additional 5 fans [the one your referring to is a stand alone called the commander mini which supports 6 fans]

the H100i supports 4 pin PWM fans where as the Commander mini supports either 3 or 4 pin fans

the CM can also control case fans...

Archived