Corsair Community

K70 RGB will work upon start up for a few seconds then suddenly stop

Premier

When I turn on my computer, the board will turn on and I will be able to type and do whatever else with it. After about 20 seconds, the board will remain on along with the lights, but I won't be able to press anything. It won't let me type, change the volume, or do anything else. I tried reinstalling the firmware, switching from USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 which actually makes the board not work at all. Not sure what the problem is. Thanks

Edit:

I also seem to be experiencing some ghosting. I play cs:go and when I will be strafing to the right for example, I will let go of the key but it will still be strafing. Or my character might move when a key wasn't pressed.

I am having this same exact problem. currently my keyboard will work if I plug only one of the usb's in and it's in one certain usb port on my computer. if IO plug both in, it won't work and if I plug them in anywhere else, it also won't work past the initial startup.

-edit-

also going to add that using the on screen keyboard causes windows explorer to crash if that helps solve this little thing any faster.

When you're using USB 2.0, are you plugging in the aux power USB first, and then the keyboard USB? Does the software show the keyboard as malfunction the moment it stops working? Also, can you provide your system settings to me?

I finally got USB 2.0 to work by going to "Devices and Printers", finding the keyboard, and just troubleshooting. Windows had to download a bunch of different drivers for some reason and then the keyboard finally worked. When i do plug it into USB 2.0, I plug the connector with the arrows first and then the keyboard second. The software does indeed show the keyboard as malfunction. The lights are still on but no keys register. When I plug into 3.0, the same things happen. Keyboard status is malfunction, lights still on, and no keys register. As for my system specs:

GPU : XFX Double D R9-280A

CPU : AMD FX-6300 Six-Core Processor

Memory : 8.00 GB RAM (7.98 GB usable)

Current resolution : 1920 × 1080, 60 Hz

Operating system : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Motherboard: GA-78LMT-USB3

Edit: The malfunction also happens after a while just using the keyboard/computer. The board still works and the lighting effect that it was currently on but I cannot change the effect

Have you tried deleting the KB drivers in Device Manager, then uninstalling the Corsair program and re-installing everything?

I had some issues when i first got my K70, but i attributed the problem to the multiple keyboard drivers i had going on (Some cheapo Microsoft kb, and the Red K70). So i wiped the all and did a clean install like described above.

Have you tried deleting the KB drivers in Device Manager, then uninstalling the Corsair program and re-installing everything?

I had some issues when i first got my K70, but i attributed the problem to the multiple keyboard drivers i had going on (Some cheapo Microsoft kb, and the Red K70). So i wiped the all and did a clean install like described above.

By KB drivers, do you mean just going to Device manager-->Keyboards and just deleting everything under that? All I see are a bunch of HID Keyboard Device files. I deleted all those and uninstalled/reinstalled the corsair software. Sorry for the dumb question. Still new to all this stuff.

By KB drivers, do you mean just going to Device manager-->Keyboards and just deleting everything under that? All I see are a bunch of HID Keyboard Device files. I deleted all those and uninstalled/reinstalled the corsair software. Sorry for the dumb question. Still new to all this stuff.

Correct. You should end up with 3 that belong to the K70.

When installing the software, make sure the kb is plugged in already and then update the firmware like you normally would.

Correct. You should end up with 3 that belong to the K70.

When installing the software, make sure the kb is plugged in already and then update the firmware like you normally would.

After doing that, I am still getting a status malfunction. Would wiping all the files under "Human Interface Devices" be the next step? Is there also a way to wipe the keyboard completely? Whenever I uninstall the corsair program and the drivers and everything, whenever I install it again, all my lighting profiles and everything are still there. Maybe I screwed something up in the beginning and a clean wipe of the board would help.

Archived