Corsair Community

K70 RGB randomly started doing rainbow wave from CES Demo

SneakyRaccoon

I got home from work today and much to my surprise my K70 RGB was displaying the rainbow wave from the CES demo. Two things to note, I have not even attempted to duplicate it so there is no profile setup with something like this and my PC was off all day while I was at work. It continued to run even after I booted my PC up but none of the keys would actually type and my keyboard was not found by the lighting software. I ultimately had to do the unplug from the USB port and play back in again. Naturally the rainbow was gone. Should I be concerned about this and does that mean there is a demo mode baked into the keyboard that somehow fired up while I was at work today?

[ame=http://youtu.be/GKwkxX6S0vg]YouTube Video[/ame]

Mmm, that would be excellent news in fact.

Corsair says they have no profile, but it might be a demo profile integrated in the ROM of the Panasonic controller, to illustrate its power. Seems the only logical explanation.

Why the controller went in demo mode is an unknown though. One would need at least the data sheet from the light controller to check into it.

Hopefully, now that we know it is available somewhere in the entrails of the keyboard, someone at Corsair could extract the profile from Panasonic (or its controller), and give the profile to us. :D

It normally does this when it is only connected to USB power, i.e. has power but will not register any inputs into the computer. Well at least that's what I've found from my experience (whilst PC is off, and the keyboard is plugged into one of those charger ports, it will make the rainbow colour thing).

• Corsair Employees

Hi all, there is a demo mode built into the keyboard that will activate about 30 seconds in. To get this demo mode to work, it requires USB power but no enumeration. This means for example if your PC supplies USB power (ala charging phones mode) but is off, demo mode will start.

The profile isn't possible to duplicate in software yet. We may be able to duplicate it once Lua is available.

Hi all, there is a demo mode built into the keyboard that will activate about 30 seconds in. To get this demo mode to work, it requires USB power but no enumeration. This means for example if your PC supplies USB power (ala charging phones mode) but is off, demo mode will start.

The profile isn't possible to duplicate in software yet. We may be able to duplicate it once Lua is available.

Mine only seems to go into this mode when the PCs AC is unplugged and plugged back in. If I just do a regular shutdown, the KB has no illumination.

p.s. any luck on getting the illumination to work on boot? and awaking the PC with KB from sleep?

• 1 month later...
Thank you for the info!

I do not have it plugged into a charging USB port and it has not done it again since my original post, so who knows what happened?

I have been able to get the demo mode to come on after trying the method provided above. That's handy to know!

What if don't want this to happen!? I've attempted using all of my ports but, they all put it into demo mode.

• 8 months later...

Archived