Corsair Community

Linux and Corsair K70 Cherry MX RGB

dman777

Hi,

I run Linux and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how well the Corsair K70 Cherry MX RGB works with it?

Also, if I program the keyboard on a windows laptop...will the settings stick when I unplug and plug it into my Linux system?

Thanks,

-dman777

I own an iMac where I dual boot OSX Yosemite and Windows 7 64 bit. I primarily run OSX Yosemite and the keyboard works. Kinda. Customized lighting profiles which are saved to the keyboard work, but any effects on that profile do not. I also have to frequently set the keyboard in BIOS and plug/unplug the USB after boot.

Hi,

I run Linux and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how well the Corsair K70 Cherry MX RGB works with it?

Also, if I program the keyboard on a windows laptop...will the settings stick when I unplug and plug it into my Linux system?

Thanks,

-dman777

It doesn't.

After booting, you will usually have to unplug the thing to get it working. Half the time even with the keyboard in BIOS mode it doesn't work with BIOS, let alone GRUB. After fighting the thing until it starts working correctly as a standard keyboard, you have no ability at all to modify the lighting in linux. It must be done 100% in windows. As if that weren't enough, you can only save one lighting layout on the keyboard's memory, and no lighting effects can be saved to it at all.

The linux functionality can be summarized as such:

• GRUB- low/none
  • BIOS - low/none
  • lighting - static per-key lighting only

Edit to add:

The software also doesn't seem to be working under wine.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived