Corsair Community

Feature request to facilitate fan control

gr8sho

I normally use the Custom curve method of setting fan curve. With four fans, this gets a bit tedious when tweaking or setting the system.

The suggestion here is to provide a ganged setting to have a single set of parameters control all four fans. Each fan should still be monitored independently and displayed/graphed, but the settings could be done once and cloned for all others.

Thanks for your consideration.

• 4 months later...

+1.

A couple of other suggestions:

- Provide more/let us choose the number of points for the curve or the ability to manage the curve like in speedfan.

- Provide more/let us choose the number of LED mode temperature points

• 2 weeks later...
And the ability to turn the fans off or nearly off so they don't make a noise

Ive gotten all my fan to run at 500RPM using a Commander mini and H80i and they do not ramp up unless the temp goes above 32c. If 500RPM is not silent then I don't know what is.

BTW the fans that are ~500RPM are Corsair SP120L and the fans that are ~800 RPM are Cougar Vortex HDB 140.

http://i.imgur.com/OEXjA3a.jpg

• Corsair Employees
And the ability to turn the fans off or nearly off so they don't make a noise

This is actually much trickier than you think, which is why we have a minimum fan speed setting. Fans require a certain amount of power to get spinning and it differs from fan to fan; don't provide enough, and you get intermittent spin-up. Just like it takes you more energy to get out of a chair than to just stand up, it takes more power to get a fan spinning than to keep it spinning.

Archived