Corsair Community

K70 RGB lighting

vong

It is odd that Microsoft can always put my PC and Monitor to sleep, but never put a control on the mouse or keyboard to sleep (in case it sleeps past the entry into the Bios. I guess).

So Windows isn't going to do it.

The easy way, if you can program the Keyboard, is to switch to a blank keyboard when you leave the PC, or leave the PC with an existing profile that only lights if you press a key.

My lazy way is when I leave my PC, I just press the keyboard's Light button "off".

Left of the Windows Key Lock button is the Light "Intensity" button that, for each press, it cycles Off, Low, Medium and High. The existing profile is still active.

I see you didn't your imaginary "K70 RGB User Manual" either. Shame on you, Corsair.

It is odd that Microsoft can always put my PC and Monitor to sleep, but never put a control on the mouse or keyboard to sleep (in case it sleeps past the entry into the Bios. I guess).

So Windows isn't going to do it.

The easy way, if you can program the Keyboard, is to switch to a blank keyboard when you leave the PC, or leave the PC with an existing profile that only lights if you press a key.

My lazy way is when I leave my PC, I just press the keyboard's Light button "off".

Left of the Windows Key Lock button is the Light "Intensity" button that, for each press, it cycles Off, Low, Medium and High. The existing profile is still active.

I see you didn't your imaginary "K70 RGB User Manual" either. Shame on you, Corsair.

Hmmm, not sure if there's some sarcasm in your post or not. I've read enough of the user manual to understand the keyboard and software. Yes, I'm aware there's an illumination button. It'd still be nice for Corasir to include a setting where the keyboard goes to sleep with the monitor like my razer mamba does.

No sarcasm meant. I just meant that I have never seen a keyboard or mouse sleep. Is it something in the Bios, as I don't see anything Windows Control Panel in the Mouse or keyboard sections, or in my R.A.T.7 mouse manual or online tips, and nothing in the K70. My other PC is a Logitech wireless mouse & keyboard. Each has a switch I shut off when I leave it, to save batteries. I would be nice to make my mouse sleep as it has DPI lights and a programmable button that are always lit.

No sarcasm meant. I just meant that I have never seen a keyboard or mouse sleep. Is it something in the Bios, as I don't see anything Windows Control Panel in the Mouse or keyboard sections, or in my R.A.T.7 mouse manual or online tips, and nothing in the K70. My other PC is a Logitech wireless mouse & keyboard. Each has a switch I shut off when I leave it, to save batteries. I would be nice to make my mouse sleep as it has DPI lights and a programmable button that are always lit.

Oh, no worries then. It should have an option inthe lighting part of the software, don't know why Corsair wouldn't include it. My old Razer Blackwidow could turn off with my screen as well as the Mamba.

Archived