Corsair Community

Groups And their Current Software Glitches

autovfx

This is more a feedback not to the corsair staff monitoring this forum.

The group management in the software is pretty shoddy ATM, I have been trying to make a new mode for all of you to enjoy, but I am having trouble renaming groups.

also I am having trouble deleting groups.

For example I will rename a group, and then it will create a new group with the group I renamed, and then it will leave the group I renamed in the group list under it original name but empty while simultaneously deleting the next group in the list totally unrelated to the edit.

This is all easily remedied by deleting all the groups, (except for 2 that for some reason it just will not let me delete.) And deleting the profile and re importing it.

But when I re-import the mode the Mode loads up the group list with all the original groups as well as every other group that was in the list at the time I exported the mode.

So maybe in a future update the software could run a query to see if the mode I am exporting is making use of a group or not and not include the ones that are just baggage in the export.

Ill be making a video shortly illustrating my problems in more detail.

But the group management in this current software iteration seems to be all but completely broken.

I am not saying that groups don't work... groups work fine absolutely perfectly.

but the softwares ability to create delete rename and list them is entirely unwieldy in a side scrolling list (no way to delete multiple groups simultaneously) and does not function as intended.

I imagine as the profiles get more and more complicated the amount of groups needed is only going to grow. and across multiple modes in each profile the management of these groups is already very difficult from a pure usability standpoint.

Not to mention I cant get the program to rename a group without creating an uneccessary file and deleting a useful one next in the list. also the group list does not refresh until you leave the profiles tab completely and come back when importing profiles.

just some feedback. video soon to come :D

-Auto

:D

This video is overall and I fumble a bit. I was unable to recreate the renaming until the next video below. but this outlines several other problems :D

http://youtu.be/AhS***xwET8 it appears to trying to censor the letters f,U,K add these to the url in place of the asterisks and you can get there.

wow youtube could have thought of a better random sequence of numbers for this video

A,h,S,f,U,K,x,w,E,T,8

I have recreated the problem I was experiencing and can repeat it over and over now in a video I am uploading now. :D

this new video will be in the next post in about 15 mins.

Here is the Renaming Problem Recreated. :D

Super BORING but necessary, I also don't ramble in this video. I State an objective:

Renaming a set of groups, and trying to do that. Then encountering the problem

notice that in the beginning of the video I have a set of 20 groups all labeled

a1-a20

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsXbBIZYknA[/ame]

Profile from video.prf

This is a more specific description of the problem and what it does.

However I want to say that even though I was able to get the names properly

named and thought I found a workaround in this video the groups no longer work. so when applying an effect

they will not fire even though the groups are properly labeled.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugMh-W1-4v8[/ame]

• Corsair Employees
This is a more specific description of the problem and what it does.

However I want to say that even though I was able to get the names properly

named and thought I found a workaround in this video the groups no longer work. so when applying an effect

they will not fire even though the groups are properly labeled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugMh-W1-4v8

Your video is private at the moment.

Archived