Corsair Community

K70 RGB list of users with issues

Anorax

I have created a PDF document with a list of forum users currently having issues with the K70 RGB keyboard. I've only listed the main problem areas and chipsets.

Please feel free to post below with your machine specs, Advanced Report, and problems you are having. This wil help Corsair with information to help solve the problems with this keyboard.

Link to list (PDF)

Good idea and thanks! With all of the cross posting, it's difficult to tell how many users are actually having issues. I think the number of posts make it look like there are more issues than there really are.

If there's room, you may want add a column for MOBO and BIOS version.

Thanks for taking the initiative to do this!

If there's room, you may want add a column for MOBO and BIOS version.

Thanks for taking the initiative to do this!

My pleasure! I've added in some extra columns.

Let me know what else is needed.

If you know your BIOS revision/version I can add that in as well.

• Corsair Employees
I'm probably going to need to send mine back, my Y key cannot produce white, lightest it gets is yellow, I'm also having all the software malfunction issues and what looks like a memory leak, about an hour into gaming I'll start getting hiccups in audio.

Hi Oops, you may have an overlay that is preventing the color to be properly reflected. Have you tried deleting the groups to ensure there is only one color on the Y-Key?

Also, what game are you playing and what does your performance tab indicate in the Task Manager?

So far, I have only one really minor issue with my keyboard, I don't know how the software works, but for one of the games I play. Which is a fun rhythm game called osu.

The software somehow manages to lag the game out to unplayability.

I was wondering why this kept happening. But after reading the last post. I decided to see how much CPU usage my keyboard was using. 3% which isn't bad.

My first thoughts were, "This can't be enough to be a problem with a game, surely?" But I disabled the lights, the keyboard software still used 3% so I knew that if it made a difference turning the lights off wouldn't help. So I turned the software off. And sure enough all of my lag issues that were coming from the keyboard suddenly disappeared.

The biggest problem I had was that I would strike some keys and half of them would simply be ignored.

This issue is confusing to me as Osu and the corsair software only used a total of 5% of my CPU usage. My debugging gut says that there might be a problem with how the software intercepts the keys so they can react to how you're typing. (Could be an order thing, like is the key stroke being sent to the system first? Or is the active lighting business being dealt with first?)

• Corsair Employees
So far, I have only one really minor issue with my keyboard, I don't know how the software works, but for one of the games I play. Which is a fun rhythm game called osu.

The software somehow manages to lag the game out to unplayability.

I was wondering why this kept happening. But after reading the last post. I decided to see how much CPU usage my keyboard was using. 3% which isn't bad.

My first thoughts were, "This can't be enough to be a problem with a game, surely?" But I disabled the lights, the keyboard software still used 3% so I knew that if it made a difference turning the lights off wouldn't help. So I turned the software off. And sure enough all of my lag issues that were coming from the keyboard suddenly disappeared.

The biggest problem I had was that I would strike some keys and half of them would simply be ignored.

This issue is confusing to me as Osu and the corsair software only used a total of 5% of my CPU usage. My debugging gut says that there might be a problem with how the software intercepts the keys so they can react to how you're typing. (Could be an order thing, like is the key stroke being sent to the system first? Or is the active lighting business being dealt with first?)

When the software is active, are there any effects playing, either actively or by button activation? Or is it simply just background lighting?

When the software is active, are there any effects playing, either actively or by button activation? Or is it simply just background lighting?

I have tried it for both when there are effects and when there aren't. Same effect for that game.

Though I'm willing to try again with effects turned off for completeness.

What are your system specifications by the way? I'll see if I can repeat it from my end as well. Is this the game: http://osu.ppy.sh/ ?

That game is exactly it. It's a beautiful game to play. The only thing is you'll need to create an account and download a few player made maps to actually be able to play.

I was playing that game in Taiko mode, and I was also playing a fairly fast song. The big hits (ones that require two keys to be hit at the same time) triplets, and "streams" (a long quick succession of notes) were where I couldn't keep up.

In the system spec you'll notice that I have my integrated video card active. That's so I can watch stuff on TV when I want to. When I'm playing games the display for that integrated video card is actually disabled.

In terms of recommendations of how to play the game. I would recommend trying to play at 120 or 240 fps, even if your monitor can't display it. Because it times its inputs per frame.

With keyboard layouts. The active one is the English keyboard, which is in the US International layout. Which is basically an extended qwerty layout. But that hasn't caused issues with osu before.

The game is stored on the raid volume but that shouldn't matter as the whole map is stored in memory while the game is playing.

I hope I have given you enough information.

System Specs according to corsair.txt

What are your system specifications by the way? I'll see if I can repeat it from my end as well. Is this the game: http://osu.ppy.sh/ ?

I play the same game and have the same issue. In the game there's point where you have to press keys pretty fast its at those points where things start slowing down, it only happens when the drivers are running though. Ive been able to fix the issue by plugging out/in the keyboard a couple of times until the whole input lag problem goes away.

Some system specs:

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0

Processor: AMD FX-8320

Ram: Corsair vengance blu 8GB

GPU: GTX 760

I have created a PDF document with a list of forum users currently having issues with the K70 RGB keyboard. I've only listed the main problem areas and chipsets.

Please feel free to post below with your machine specs, Advanced Report, and problems you are having. This wil help Corsair with information to help solve the problems with this keyboard.

Link to list (PDF)

Great idea. You may want to add a few more folks who are having issues with the illumination during system boot...

I am also having some issues with the software. When booting up the computer, it occasionally does not boot up all the way but hangs at the ASUS loading screen. I then power down and reboot and it loads normally, then occasionally I get the malfunctioning status as well, and this is also resolved by restarting. My motherboard is a ASUS Z097-P, in which I have noticed that other users of the same board are having issues as well.

I will upload a advanced report file with my computer specs. Other than this, I am loving the keyboard, it is my first mechanical board, and I love the feel. I just hope that these issues can be resolved, I do not want to have to return the keyboard. ;):

Advanced Report.txt

I'm having an issue with per-program profile switching. It only happens with one game, Counter Strike: Global Offensive. When I start the game the keyboard switches to the profile I have set up for the game, but about five seconds later the profile switches back to the default profile. I have tested this on VLC and it works fine. Anybody got any tips?

Hi Oops, you may have an overlay that is preventing the color to be properly reflected. Have you tried deleting the groups to ensure there is only one color on the Y-Key?

Also, what game are you playing and what does your performance tab indicate in the Task Manager?

late reply, I had uninstalled the software, and deleted all profiles saved locally and still wouldn't go white. The issues I was having were happening in Dota 2, and I was having issues with distortion in audio. I've since swapped back to my old keyboard and haven't had any audio issues. http://i.imgur.com/sBSHfMG.png

Archived