Corsair Community

Returned my K70 RGB

mybuilt

Unfortunately after using the K70 RGB for a day I decided to return it and it is being shipped back tomorrow morning. I do not know what the problem is and wish there was more transparency about the errors and letting us being informed instead of being in the dark.

I heard through the forum there is a newer model coming out CH-9000068-NA which I think is replacing the 63. I will wait and see how that works out and will visit the forum to keep myself updated and when all the kinks are really ironed out then only I may go for it. This time I had rushed into buying the K70 RGB and on hind sight should have waited.

I was getting fed up for the computer to boot forever instead of 16 sec had to wait minutes plus all the other problems mentioned by others and I did not want to face them myself. I am back with my traditional keyboard (with no backlights) and it at least boots back in 16 secs. Lights on the K70 RGB really looked great but I can live without it for the time being.

Hmm reading this thread is making me rethink about returning as well. I'll tough it out the next few days and see if these will get resolved via a firmware update. I do not have the long boot time issue but the fact that the lights turn off intermittently and having to replug the keyboard usb to get the kb to work as its supposed to is getting annoying

Hmm reading this thread is making me rethink about returning as well. I'll tough it out the next few days and see if these will get resolved via a firmware update. I do not have the long boot time issue but the fact that the lights turn off intermittently and having to replug the keyboard usb to get the kb to work as its supposed to is getting annoying

Yeah, these were my thoughts exactly. I don't have near as many issues as everyone else does, but my keyboard does need to be unplugged and plugged back in, and i was originally okay with it, but it's starting to get annoying and it'd definatley not what i paid for. I can't even talk to corsair support since my software won't generate a report for them. The lack of transparency from corsair leaves much to be desired, and if i don't hear something soon, i will also be returning my keyboard and searching elsewhere for a replacement. I've spent far too much money on faulty Logitech stuff, i won't be making the same mistake here.

• Corsair Employees

Hi mybuilt,

I am sorry to hear of your issues. I posted a message to address the concerns about some people's assumptions about the 68 part number. Let me be very clear:

There are no planned changes, electronically or mechanically, in the K70 RGB keyboard (whether it is 63 or 68). We will announce soon why there is a 68 part number but at this time, we are unable to go into specifics.

I also understand many of your guys' frustration. However, please keep in mind that this keyboard has only been released now for about 3 days and our developers and engineers have been working around the clock to read and review. Some fixes may take some time to implement (due to the complexity of the issue and software. We are however doing whatever we can to make this experience a positive one.

Finally, to address your boot concern, there is a workaround that sometimes works until we can investigate the cause of the issue. Put the keyboard into BIOS mode with the switch. Once Windows loads, you can change the polling rate back to 1ms. This may not work all the time, but it will help with USB enumeration.

I am available here to address concerns and comments as well so don't hesitate to message me publicly or privately.

Thanks Corsair James for your reply and support. For the time being I am going to hold on to the KB even though I have obtained the return shipment label . I hope the update comes soon and the problems are solved as I like the KB and want to keep it.

Also thanks for clearing the doubts we had that there are no planned changes, electrically or mechanically, to the RGB keyboards that are currently for sale.

Hi mybuilt,

I am sorry to hear of your issues. I posted a message to address the concerns about some people's assumptions about the 68 part number. Let me be very clear:

There are no planned changes, electronically or mechanically, in the K70 RGB keyboard (whether it is 63 or 68). We will announce soon why there is a 68 part number but at this time, we are unable to go into specifics.

I also understand many of your guys' frustration. However, please keep in mind that this keyboard has only been released now for about 3 days and our developers and engineers have been working around the clock to read and review. Some fixes may take some time to implement (due to the complexity of the issue and software. We are however doing whatever we can to make this experience a positive one.

Finally, to address your boot concern, there is a workaround that sometimes works until we can investigate the cause of the issue. Put the keyboard into BIOS mode with the switch. Once Windows loads, you can change the polling rate back to 1ms. This may not work all the time, but it will help with USB enumeration.

I am available here to address concerns and comments as well so don't hesitate to message me publicly or privately.

How about failed k70 silver line which you never acknowledged? This RBG is just another K70 silver that you will never admit that you screwed your customers. Shame on you Corsair and on your disregard toward us fools who bought your failed keyboards.

How about failed k70 silver line which you never acknowledged? This RBG is just another K70 silver that you will never admit that you screwed your customers. Shame on you Corsair and on your disregard toward us fools who bought your failed keyboards.

K70 Silver has NOTHING to do with any RGB keyboard and does not belong in this discussion. If you are a K70 customer with an issue, file a support ticket. We'll take of your case.

This is a thread of a unhappy Corsair customer. I'm another one so it does, its your product which you failed and never acknowledged. I dare you to show me a single owner of k70 silver without dead LED. You knew they were flawed yet you kept selling them. And now, this new line goes in the same direction.

Btw, I have a ticket but you don't have the keyboard to replace it with! How about that? And just to add, this is my SECOND K70 that I have to return for the same issue. Happy owner right?

I have a couple questions:

Will a firmware update fix the issues with the keyboard not being detected at boot (even in BIOS mode it is not detected by BIOS nor the GRUB boot loader, so I have to plug another keyboard in just to go through those unless I want the default boot options)?

Will it ever be possible to save lighting effects to the keyboard's onboard memory, or will it always be required that the software be installed and running on the PC in order for the lighting effects to work?

This is a thread of a unhappy Corsair customer. I'm another one so it does, its your product which you failed and never acknowledged. I dare you to show me a single owner of k70 silver without dead LED. You knew they were flawed yet you kept selling them. And now, this new line goes in the same direction.

Btw, I have a ticket but you don't have the keyboard to replace it with! How about that? And just to add, this is my SECOND K70 that I have to return for the same issue. Happy owner right?

What you are doing is thread crapping and derailing a thread that has nothing to do with your product. If you have had 2 RMAs, yes, you have a right to be disappointed. We will take that into account when dealing with your case. But, you cannot compare issues with your keyboard and any RGB keyboard. They are COMPLETELY different devices.

Archived