Corsair Community

Intermittent Sound: Rushing Water - H100i

mdale

Hello all,

I've had the H100i for almost a year now with zero problems (barring the odd LED issue but that's largely cosmetic).

Just this week however, I've started hearing the sound of rushing water now and again from the H100i, sometimes during boot and other times during normal operations, (launching applications etc). The sound only lasts for the few seconds and it's only happened 3/4 times but for me it's enough to take note.

Temps haven't changed and there's zero leaking. Obviously the water's moving all the time but the fact I've suddenly started hearing this after almost a year of silence makes me wonder.

Just thought I'd put it to anyone hear to see if it's something to be concerned about or not? Many thanks.

After only a year, unless you are an extreme overclocker and ran your system to death, no quality sealed radiator/pump system should make a sound. I suggest you edit your post and insert the word "HELP"as your first word, which Corsair Post Techs state will get their attention. Also I would call Tech Service or Chat with them to get a quicker response and maybe some help.

Most likely air bubbles are causing the sound. It should go away after a few days. If not, You can try tilting the computer case or unmounting and holdinf the radiator upward (where the hoses are on the bottom) with the pump running to see if that resolves the issue.

Archived