Corsair Community

K70 stuck in a demo mode?

enj826

Been having problems with this keyboard all day. Finally power off my computer, and the keyboard goes into the demo mode with a rainbow lighting effect. I saw this on the forum earlier as a feature so I assumed everything was fine. I still thought something would go wrong since this keyboard likes to cause problems, and guess what, when I power it back on, it's completely messed up.

The Scroll Lock LED at the top continually flashes while the brightness key at the top does nothing, and everytime I press a key on the keyboard the brightness changes... Extremely annoying. Tried rebooting. Nope. Tried re installing the firmware. Nope. Pressed random buttons to see what woulds happen. Nop. Now my e key isn't working, i have to keep copying and pasting it the letter.

If problems persist, I will not hesitate to send this keyboard back and lean towards and different brand of keyboards.

I had this issue, switching between BIOS and the profiles and unplugging and replugging it a few times seems to fix this problem. That said, it's still totally unacceptable. I would imagine a firmware fix will fix it, but if not I won't hesitate to return it for the new model.

Bump... Still not fixed. Everytime I reboot, the keyboard is not recognized and I have to replug both USBs. I've also tried plugging it into USB 3 and 2, nothing. Getting very impatient. I also tried everything suggested above and none worked.

Well, it's fixed. This wasn't actually a problem on Corsair's part, just user error. There's a switch on the top side of the keyboard (faces your monitor) that can be switched to different ms for polling or something, mine was on the BIOS setting, so I had to change it back to 1 ms polling and now everything works accordingly for the most part, except the keyboard often "malfunctions" according to the software, and needs to be unplugged for any lighting effects such as ripples or waves to come back.

• Corsair Employee
i think it's funny that the keyboard was delayed and still has all these damn problems

With a complex software like this and an unimaginable number of hardware configurations, it is more than likely we will hit a few bumps down the road. We appreciate your patience as we fix things as they come up.

Archived