Corsair Community

Turning off LEDs when powered off

ERay1288

brightness button above the print screen button

Would be nice if we could get a way to automatically disable the lights when the computer is locked/asleep/turned off though. Mine just defaults back to the red/white colour scheme which is ugly as hell and very bright.

It isn't a big deal to hit the brightness button a few times, but I'd much prefer to have it streamlined so I can just windows + L and walk away like I always have.

My leds goes also off when I shutdown but not all the time.

Also my brightness button does nothing when the pc is off.

It's very very buggie

There's a BIOS setting you need to disable (or enable?) for the USB connected hardware to not receive anymore power. I can't recall the name thought, a Corsair employee (Bunny I think?) posted it in another topic but I can't find it right now.

There's a BIOS setting you need to disable (or enable?) for the USB connected hardware to not receive anymore power. I can't recall the name thought, a Corsair employee (Bunny I think?) posted it in another topic but I can't find it right now.

^ This. I was having the same issue with my pc turned off. I went into BIOS (Asus P8Z77-V) and disabled the USB charging while off option.

I copy some important post answers into different working large temporary note docs so I can find a quick solution per an issue.

The quote from Honey Boo Boo or Foo Foo I think you need is:

"Enable EuP or ErP setting in the power setting tab in your BIOS. That should turn off the keyboard lights when you shut down your computer."

Archived