Corsair Community

Bought 1600Mhz RAM for GA-P55-USB3 Motherboard

fstenbergp

Hello there. So first time around I bought RAMs that were way to hasty for my motherboard, even the volts were off.

So in the panic of not making the same mistake, I made some research. on which speed my motherboard would follow and got these: 800mhz - 1066 mhz - 1333 mhz.

So on my search for rams, all I could find was 1600 mhz, the only lower than that was for MAC. So once again to the mighty search engine, I found people telling, that I could calmly buy 1600Mhz, because they would slow down to 1333mhz by default.

So I bought a pair of Vengeance 1600 2x8GB 1600MHZ and set it up in my PC, but it doesn't work. When starting the computer, I get to my motherboard screen (the first screen at all), and the computer restarts. I went into the BIOs to see if I could solve my trouble there, but nothing was changeable as far as I located.

Anyone can help? Am I going to return another pair of ram or what is going on? :(

yes, any ddr3 ram will run at 1333.

4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory (Note 1) Due to Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than 4 GB.

Dual channel memory architecture

Support for DDR3 2200/1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules

Support for non-ECC memory modules

Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules

direct quote from gigabyte

its a big jump from1333 to 2200, not sure whats up with that.

also does not state what the max dimm size is.

try one stick at a time, its possible you got a bad stick.

Archived