Corsair Community

H110 stock fans more AF than SP??

dXsL

I'm confused :confused:

specs for the stock fans of the H110 are as follows: 140mm / 1500 rpm / 94CFM / 1,64 mmH20 / 35 dB

My question: are these fans "meant" by Corsair as push or pull? After a lot of googling the opinions are divided, hence my question in this forum.

If I compare these specs to http://www.corsair.com/se-fi/case-fans, they fall between the two categories AF and SP; the "unexpected low" value of 1,64 of the static pressure throws me off, also since there is no SP140 fan in the Corsair range.

I installed the H110 as a front intake push on a 540 chassis (assuming SP), but I'm thinking about changing it to a front intake pull to

- reduce the noise

- increase the airflow to the GPU

No matter what fan you use it'll perform better in push. I think they are basically af fans with higher max rpm. They have exact same fins. Your best option is push/pull but that depends if there is enough room between the case n ur gpu to fit 2 fans plus the rads thickness.

I agree that the fans look like AF and look a lot like the stock fans on my Corsair 540 case. The H110 fans have 11 blades vs 9 blades of the 540 fans.

But it leaves my question not entirely answered: did Corsair design the H110 with these stock fans to be used in pull or push?

Push of course. Fans used in pull would need a significant amount of static pressure. Even then any fan will always reform better in push vs pull. In your situation you may be able to get away with pull as your pulling in cool air from outside of the case threw the rad and into the case. Push is still your best bet for cpu temps tho. If you're worried about gpu temps put the h110 in top of case. You're currently just pushing hot about it off the rad into your gpu. Putting it in the top will help gpu temps and noise but may hurt cpu temps a very minimal amount.

Fans used in pull would need a significant amount of static pressure.

Now I am even more confused :) I was pretty sure that you need "a significant amount of static pressure" in a PUSH scenario: the air needs enough pressure to get THROUGH the radiator. If there is not enough pressure, (some of) the air simply gets bounced back instead of going through a half-open obstacle (like a radiator) resulting in less cooling. Perhaps I'm reading your answer wrong?

(http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/709786-FANS-101-Going-Scientific)

Archived