Dirtius

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intel® 8 Series/C220 Series USB EHCI #1 - 8C26

Intel® 8 Series/C220 Series USB EHCI #2 - 8C2D

Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller

Intel® USB 3.0 Root Hub

Tried to do the advanced report in the Corsair software but it does not seem to work, the progress bar acts like its doing something but it's been almost 10 minutes now with nothing.

I can get you my controllers and advanced report when I get home this evening.

Also, Bunny Foo Foo, any idea if you guys will be bringing out driver software for linux? I'm using the keyboard at work now and the profile in memory doesn't work, it just defaults to the red keys, and obviously no drivers yet for fedora.

Thanks guys!

Tried to do the advanced report in the Corsair software but it does not seem to work, the progress bar acts like its doing something but it's been almost 10 minutes now with nothing.

I've been able to get the report by selecting it as soon as the software has finished installing and detected the K70. If I wait too long the software fails and the advanced report option hangs because it can no longer see the K70.

At this time I have uninstalled the software until Corsair release a fix for the USB detection. The K70 is still perfectly usable without the software albeit without the ability to upload fancy light animations. Without the software the K70RGB defaults to HWProfile1.

So I, too am having issues. I uninstalled the software, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, installed new firmware, rebooted yet again, and it still shows that my device is malfunctioning per the Corsair software. I also get the occasional USB device not recognized type message.

The three lights for caps locks/num lock/etc. are not functioning anymore. I sure as hell hope that's not hardware-related. The keys themselves work but no way of knowing since the lights no longer indicate that. Devices and printers off Windows 8.1 shows that the "Device Descriptor Request Failed"

Currently generating the advanced report and even that takes quite some time :|

From Device Manager:

"Intel® 8 Series/C220 Series USB EHCI #1 - 8C26"

"Intel® 8 Series/C220 Series USB EHCI #2 - 8C2D"

"Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0100 (Microsoft)"

Advanced Report will be uploaded shortly.

Same issues as others, but here is my advanced report.

::: BIOS

Name : BIOS Date: 06/03/14 17:17:24 Ver: 20.04

Manufacturer : American Megatrends Inc.

Version : ALASKA - 1072009

::: Motherboard

Product name : SABERTOOTH Z87

Manufacturer : ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

::: CPU

::: Physical memory

Manufacturer : 0420

Speed : 1867

Form factor : DIMM

Memory type : Unknown

Capacity : 8192 MB

::: USB Controller

Name : Intel® 8 Series/C220 Series USB EHCI #1 - 8C26

Manufacturer : Intel

Name : Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0100 (Microsoft)

Manufacturer : Generic USB xHCI Host Controller

Name : Intel® 8 Series/C220 Series USB EHCI #2 - 8C2D

Manufacturer : Intel

::: OS

Name : Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro

Architecture : 64-bit

Service pack version, major : 0

Service pack version, minor : 0

::: User properties

Is run under administrator : no

User has administrator privileges : yes

::: Video hardware

Adapter name : Intel® HD Graphics 4600

Driver files : igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igdumdim32,igd10iumd32,igd10iumd32

Driver version : 10.18.10.3907

RAM : 1024 MB

Max refresh rate : 75

Min refresh rate : 23

::: Displays

Name : Dell U2913WM (HDMI)

Just a little observation from the side I am (no k70 rgb in Europe yet, so cannot check it out), but from what I get, there are two usb connectors: one linking to the keyboard switches, one linking to the Panasonic light controller.

The problems seem to be the detection of that light controller by some USB chips.

Most of the times, it will work, but suddenly, the link drops and people end up with erratic lighting behaviour.

Reasons of that breaking link can be several things imo: chipset handling power states the controller cannot cope with, the controller draining a bit too much energy, e.g.

For the latter, it means people will need to use two ports which aren't on the same lane or controller, so that the power draw doesn't trigger the overcurrent protection the actual motherboards have.

For the first, maybe program a keep-alive on the controller module so that no power states are triggered? I have no clue about low-level programming.

Take this post with the necessary salt, I am just trying to visualize the different ways the system may get bugged. I have no experience in the hardware itself yet.

Hopefully the Corsair crew will find the answers quickly. ::pirate::

It's certainly a valid explanation Maeventura. One thing I have not tried is to connect one USB to a USB 2.0 port and the other USB to a USB 3.0 port on my motherboard. Each port is driven by a different controller and I know the USB 3.0 ports are able to provide extra power to charge eg. iOS devices. As you say though we really need an official response from Corsair as to what stage they are up to with testing and whether they have recreated the issues we are having.

Archived