Corsair Community

cannot use software without keyboard?

sherry

Why can we not experiment with the software without owning the hardware device? Very bad design, this might be the reason why I will NOT buy a Corsair RGB qwerty, instead waiting for 2015 and other companies offering similar products.

no offence, but the software doesn't even show the effect of the lighting when changing it. the only thing that changes is the color of the keys(if you change them) in the software. it doesn't show what effect is currently applied to the keyboard.

For me setting the colors would be already enough. So I could build 100's of templates, before buying the product, after buying, I could immediately use those. Now, this is not possible.

I am anyway not interested in all those waves, ripples.

What I am more interested is following: With each button press action I want to be able to program that button, AND all its same-group-buttons, in terms of color and blink rate. So there has to be a way of sending a button push AND some 'code which defines the color behaviour for that button and all its group neighbours'. Example: In the context of F1..F12 buttons, I want to push F1 and tell, ok now F1 gets green, and all its neighbours F2..F12 get also green. When pressing F2, all change to blue for example. Similarly for other contexts like numbers 1..0, or alphabet characters a..z, as another two common examples. Or any other combination you might like, like awsd for gamers, or homerow keys for programmers or some other forms like arrow keys, numpad section. Is this possible? Probably not? In short, everything is lame.

Is it possible to change the software in such a way it can work also without owning any hardware at all, then users can create profiles, settings, templates BEFORE buying the device, and use them immediately after buying the device.

I am interested only in the color setting and programming part of the rgb qwerty, waves and ripples are irrelevant to me.

Archived