Corsair Community

H100i, Corsair Link and Fans

Sky14

Hi everyone,

I just installed the H100i in my new build and initially, Corsair Link did not recognize it. I did some research and did the registry edit, which seems to have worked.

Here are my questions now...

1. In Corsair Link (see attached screenshot), I do see all the H100i parameters. However, there is also a "Gigabyte Motherboard Fan 0," which always seems to hover around 2360 RPM. What is that fan exactly?

The only other fan I have installed (besides the two that came with the H100i) is a 120mm Corsair fan at the top of the case. This is is plugged into the SYS_FAN header and appears to be shown as "Gigabyte Motherboard Fan 1" in Corsair Link.

2. I do find that the two fans that came with the H100i are somewhat noisy, even in quiet mode. I'm thinking of replacing them with two Noctua NF-F12. Will I still be able to control their speed using Corsair Link?

Thanks in advance!

1920741256_corsairlink.thumb.png.3e3b187582c2342ee0f6ce01dec3c6b0.png

if you replace the fans you should get those that are PWM controlled

as to your other questions,im not familiar with gigabyte m/b's but you should be able to disconnect the fan to isolate its source in Link...

Thanks for your reply!

I actually opted for the Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition PWM High Static Pressure Fan due to price (http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Series-SP120-Quiet-Edition/dp/B00C249PEO).

The reviews were not as glowing as for the Noctua fan, but I do find a considerable reduction in noise.

For those who are wondering, I have the new Corsair Carbide Air 240 case.

In regards to the extra motherboard fan displayed in Corsair Link, it appears to read data from the 3-pin pump RPM wire that's connected to the CPU_FAN header.

I'm not sure how this particular RPM is calculated and what significance it may have. As long as I can see the pump H100i RPM and the H100i fans, I think that's all that matters.

as long as it does the job,thats what matters

i have 6 out of 10 of my fans that are sp and the noise reduction is surely noticible...

I'm considering replacing the stock 120mm Corsair fan that I installed at the top of the case (exhaust).

Would it be better to get the same SP120 Quiet PWM High Static Pressure fan, or the Airflow one instead (http://www.corsair.com/en-us/air-series-af120-quiet-edition-high-airflow-120mm-fan)?

for an exhaust fan I like having one with the umphh to move hot air out if needed and quiet at low rpm when not needed so the SP120 Quiet PWM High Static Pressure fan would be my choice...

Awesome, thanks for your help!

Archived