Corsair Community

Drivers are listed as up to date but aren't correct

Red Horizon

I recently uninstalled my corsair drivers and software because my microphone has become very quiet and none of the solutions on here helped at all. After doing this and attempting to reinstall the software pack with the drivers, it informs me it is completed however only the basic microsoft drivers for audio devices are installed. From this i cant access the software panel since there is no corsair devices it can find on my computer.

I have tried uninstalling all the hidden devices from the other usb ports aswell as restarting between each install/uninstall.

The microphone may have gone bad if its suddenly quieten down. install the drivers, if Windows does not automatically install them, use Device Manager to manually install the Corsair drivers which can be found in the install folder for the audio software.

Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Headset Software\Driver

So i tried what you said, unfortunatley apparently it can't find the path.

***\Driver

and

***\Driver\Package

http://puu.sh/boR8T/4ea18af653.png

I have 2 usb ports on the front and multiple on the back of my PC.

Both of the front ports return this error, however if i put the dongle in the back it identifies correctly and installs the corsair drivers. The only issue here is i have no room on the back due to my setup.

I tried the port that my mouse uses on the back and it does the same thing, these are all the ports that the dongle was plugged into and used when i uninstalled it originally, so i think its something that happened during the uninstall.

Is there a way to do the initial install again?

Right Click "corsveng2k.inf" > Install (In the Packages folder) or double click DriverInstaller (Installer\X64).

Open Device Manager>Right Click the headset>update driver software>browse...computer>let me...computer>A list should now appear that should show Corsair Vengeance...Headset. If not, untick "Show Compatible hardware" and click Corsair under manufacturer and see if its there.

Right Click "corsveng2k.inf" > Install (In the Packages folder) or double click DriverInstaller (Installer\X64).

Open Device Manager>Right Click the headset>update driver software>browse...computer>let me...computer>A list should now appear that should show Corsair Vengeance...Headset. If not, untick "Show Compatible hardware" and click Corsair under manufacturer and see if its there.

That worked! Thanks Toased

Archived