Corsair Community

H60 PWM or Voltage?

MelissaGT

Good morning,

I have a Corsair H60 (2013) that has been running well since February. I just have one question on how the pump should be set up in the BIOS. I have a Gigabyte mobo, and the pump is currently set up as the CPU fan, and is set to Manual and Full Speed. Should the speed regulator be set to PWM or to Voltage? I have tried both and haven't really noticed any difference in pump speed in my monitoring software. Does it matter?

Pump speeds range from 4338 - 4560, the lower end only happening during load. Temps range from 28 - 32 idle to around 60 at load.

Thanks!

Good morning,

I have a Corsair H60 (2013) that has been running well since February. I just have one question on how the pump should be set up in the BIOS. I have a Gigabyte mobo, and the pump is currently set up as the CPU fan, and is set to Manual and Full Speed. Should the speed regulator be set to PWM or to Voltage? I have tried both and haven't really noticed any difference in pump speed in my monitoring software. Does it matter?

Pump speeds range from 4338 - 4560, the lower end only happening during load. Temps range from 28 - 32 idle to around 60 at load.

Thanks!

I don't think it would really matter as you are already overriding them. Example:NO way that the motherboard would be able to use PWM as you already set it to manual and full speed.

I don't think it would really matter as you are already overriding them. Example:NO way that the motherboard would be able to use PWM as you already set it to manual and full speed.

Thanks for the response!

In the BIOS, I am able to select the following:

CPU Fan Control Mode - Auto, PWM, or Voltage

CPU Fan Speed Control - Normal, Silent, Manual, Full Speed

CPU Fan Speed Percentage - greyed out when Full Speed is selected above

I ended up choosing Voltage and Full Speed. I don't really notice any difference when I choose PWM and Full Speed so I hope it doesn't matter!

when you select full speed (pwm wont work as its been override). You should be ok as your temps are good and the pump is also ok.

Great thanks! So far so good with temps staying in the "norm" for idle and load. The pump stays consistent from 4338 - 4560, only dropping to the lower end while gaming.

Archived