Corsair Community

TIL something very important about Corsair Link

Wakers

So, I tried to modify the fan curve of my H100i today.

Suddenly, no Cooler, no fans, no pump. What the heck? It had been running fine for 3 months. I hadn't changed anything, no updates, no new hardware. I was baffled.

I uninstalled link, removed the profile folder. Restarted. Installed the same version of link. No H100i. Crap.

Same process as above, installed older version of Link. No H100i.

Same process again, this time after uninstalling, I moved the USB connection to a different header on the motherboard. Reinstalled the initial version of link, no H100i.

Now I was perplexed. The cooler was still working fine, it obviously still has my settings applied to it because it's got the custom colour cycle going that I set up, but I wasn't happy at the thought of not being able to control the fan speed.

Then I thought to myself - I've had a second keyboard plugged in for the last 5 days, I wonder if that was when it stopped working?

So - uninstall Link, shut down. Put the H100i USB connector back to where it was to start with. Unplug second USB keyboard from motherboard.

Install Corsair Link. Reboot. "Corsair Link has detected new devices, please reboot to finish installation." YAY! Reboot.

All is working again.

TL;DR - Corsair Link will lose sight of your H100i or possibly other cooler if you have 2 USB keyboards connected at the same time.

So, I tried to modify the fan curve of my H100i today.

Suddenly, no Cooler, no fans, no pump. What the heck? It had been running fine for 3 months. I hadn't changed anything, no updates, no new hardware. I was baffled.

I uninstalled link, removed the profile folder. Restarted. Installed the same version of link. No H100i. Crap.

Same process as above, installed older version of Link. No H100i.

Same process again, this time after uninstalling, I moved the USB connection to a different header on the motherboard. Reinstalled the initial version of link, no H100i.

Now I was perplexed. The cooler was still working fine, it obviously still has my settings applied to it because it's got the custom colour cycle going that I set up, but I wasn't happy at the thought of not being able to control the fan speed.

Then I thought to myself - I've had a second keyboard plugged in for the last 5 days, I wonder if that was when it stopped working?

So - uninstall Link, shut down. Put the H100i USB connector back to where it was to start with. Unplug second USB keyboard from motherboard.

Install Corsair Link. Reboot. "Corsair Link has detected new devices, please reboot to finish installation." YAY! Reboot.

All is working again.

TL;DR - Corsair Link will lose sight of your H100i or possibly other cooler if you have 2 USB keyboards connected at the same time.

yup,usb conflicts has plagued many usb devices,glad you worked it out...

Archived