Corsair Community

Bad Module, Waranty Info

phenix

Hello,

I have 2 512MB Corsair XMS CMX512-3200C2PT. I bought these modules quite awhile back. They have worked flawlessly until lately. The computer would restart by itself every now again. Ive run memtest and a other memory test programs to see if it was the memory. All have stated errors from the memory. Memory was running at manufacture spec timing 2-3-3-6. Plus I have tried to raise the tmings but just got FEWER errors in memtest. I have also tested the problem in other systems to no avail. I am requesting a RMA.

If any more information is needed please let me know.

Specs

Abit IC7-G

1GB Corsair XMS 3200

Nvidia Geforce 6800GT

Soundblaster Audigy 2 Zs Plat

Intel Pentium 2.8Ghz

34GB Raptor WD

200GB WD

WinXp Pro

NEC DVD RW

Liteon Combo

Thank you.

• Corsair Employees

If you have a TwinX set then please make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your MB and load Setup/optimized default settings, and try the following BIOS settings; if you don't have a TwinX then try the setting at 2.5/3/37 with the following BIOS settings:

TwinX1024 or TwinX512-3200C2

Softmenu Setup

CPU Freq: 200

DRAM Clock: 400 MHz

CPU/DRAM ratio: 1:1

Memory or Dim Reference voltage: 2.75 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

Advanced/Chipset

Configure Dram timing by SPD: Disabled/User define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T (2.5T AMD Platform)

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

SDRAM Burst Length: 8

All other settings should be set to default settings!

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

I set all settings in the Bios to defaults and then proceeded to input the timings you recommended 2 3 3 7. I then proceeded to test each stick of memory.

Note that they are not a Twin pack jus individual sticks.

Results:

Stick 1

I did 5 Passes on it and it produced 0 errors.

Stick 2:

After 1 Pass it produced 2 errors.

After 3 Pass it produced 2 more

After 7 Pass it produced 2 more

After 10 Pass ir produced 2 more

I then put the other stick in and left it on for a longer time to make sure theres no problems with it. I am at work so it will be tested fo about 4 more hours. I am confident theres nothing wrong with the first stick but the 2nd stick showed consistency in its few errors.

Please advice further.

Thank you.

Archived