Corsair Community

Discuss Link Release Candidate v2.7.5339 here

Technobeard

Yes I would tend to agree. I don't have any 'linkable' devices like PSU's or AIO's attached so I don't have the same problems as others here, thank god. This product really has been an epic failure since day one, I am amazed corsair are able to get away with it. and the lack of any official comment here by corsair reps just makes them look more guilty. It is such a shame because the product has such potential.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you for real, Corsair? You STILL haven't managed to release a finished product? Support for your products is absolutely abysmal. I will NEVER buy anything from you again that requires any kind of software/firmware updates and I will be giving my opinion out on your non existent support to everyone I ever meet. Customer satisfaction is paramount to any business. You must have lost so many customers from this and so much revenue. I would bet you have lost much more in revenue than what it would have cost to get things right.

I have found a solution that works for me. After following instructions CAREFULLY and installing 2.7.5339, the program created "0" value icons which wouldn't follow my "Custom Curves" adjustments. I uninstalling the program and deleting the profile as recommended. I installed 2.6.5214, but STILL got "0" value icons. I then uninstalled the program, deleted the profile, but this time I first created a Restore Point then went into REGEDIT and used "Find" and deleted every instance of "Corsair". I then reloaded 2.6.5214. I no longer get double the icons with "0" value icons. The program is still just as buggy as it used to be, but at least the program WORKS. Maybe the next update will fix the fix! Call me an optimist.

try removing the corsair profile from %appdata%\corsair and try again... sometimes it gets corrupted and doing a fresh clean profile solves my issue. Back up your folder first just to be safe.

Happy computing!

Hi Nitrotoxin

Thank you for the advise I did try this solution again just to make sure but it still didn't work for me.

Thanks again for your help.

I had been using the 2.4.5110 for a long time and noticed in a forum that a newer link software had come out. Without checking any posts here I downloaded and installed it. I didn't uninstall or delete any folders or do any regedits. It went great, no duplicate icons, no crashing every time windows starts, actually remembered the start minimized and LED settings. Heck it even remembered the previous profile and detected a bunch more of my motherboard devices. Wow, perfect right? Well it was until I had to run a widows update that went bad and so I ended up to the day before the install.

I reinstalled just like I did before and guess what? It all came back just like before,,, except no H100I or fans. I spent a whole day researching and reinstalling and trying every supposed fix posted and nada. Won't work, no way, no how. Went back to the 2.4.5.1110 and now it crashes three times as windows starts. I have to close three "Close the program" boxes and restart the service before it will run at all.

I would post my specs but it appears that it is the same on just about every platform and installation. Maybe one day you guys can write some software that will work, I doubt it but maybe.

Hello boys n girls. I've been lurking in these forums for a long time now researching how to get the supposed software to work 100%.

I have failed.

I've been through Customer Service emails, forum checks and I've come to the conclusion that the software/firmware will never be fixed and work properly like it's supposed to so I have a question.

Which version of this piece of crap software can I use to set my LED to a permanent colour without it resetting or changing the colour by itself?

If I can just do THAT then I can get on with my life. This is on windows 8.1 with a H100i on FW 1.07.

Ta Muchly

Hello boys n girls. I've been lurking in these forums for a long time now researching how to get the supposed software to work 100%.

I have failed.

I've been through Customer Service emails, forum checks and I've come to the conclusion that the software/firmware will never be fixed and work properly like it's supposed to so I have a question.

Which version of this piece of crap software can I use to set my LED to a permanent colour without it resetting or changing the colour by itself?

If I can just do THAT then I can get on with my life. This is on windows 8.1 with a H100i on FW 1.07.

Ta Muchly

2.6.5214 works fine for that for me... reinstalled it last night and its working ok, not detecting my fans plugged into my MB, but everything else works fine.

Nope, boots up in pink instead of red :( grrr

yeah for some reason now all my case fans are not showing up and everything else has had its description text truncated... I uninstalled this crap... Corsair...all I have to say is the NZXT KRAKEN is looking really good right now...and so is it's software...

Nope, boots up in pink instead of red :( grrr

When you set RGB, do not set values to "0", set them to "1" (or the lowest you can get the slider without it being 0).

So for red, you set Red to 255/Full and Green and Blue to 1 (anything above 0 will work).

That will save it for reboots.

When you set RGB, do not set values to "0", set them to "1" (or the lowest you can get the slider without it being 0).

So for red, you set Red to 255/Full and Green and Blue to 1 (anything above 0 will work).

That will save it for reboots.

Cool. I'll try that. Thanks.

I had been using the 2.4.5110 for a long time and noticed in a forum that a newer link software had come out. Without checking any posts here I downloaded and installed it. I didn't uninstall or delete any folders or do any regedits. It went great, no duplicate icons, no crashing every time windows starts, actually remembered the start minimized and LED settings. Heck it even remembered the previous profile and detected a bunch more of my motherboard devices. Wow, perfect right? Well it was until I had to run a widows update that went bad and so I ended up to the day before the install.

I reinstalled just like I did before and guess what? It all came back just like before,,, except no H100I or fans. I spent a whole day researching and reinstalling and trying every supposed fix posted and nada. Won't work, no way, no how. Went back to the 2.4.5.1110 and now it crashes three times as windows starts. I have to close three "Close the program" boxes and restart the service before it will run at all.

I would post my specs but it appears that it is the same on just about every platform and installation. Maybe one day you guys can write some software that will work, I doubt it but maybe.

Wow, success at last!

After following the directions several times, I reread this post again and saw one place that noted deleting the software devices in regedit so I thought I would give it a try.

Uninstalled the software through the program, instead of control panel. Deleted everything inside the corsair folder at C:/users/me/roaming/corsair. Opened regedit and went to Hkey current user/software/corsair/corsair link/devices. I deleted everything in the right hand pane of devices(it left one entry on it's own). Restarted and installed the 2.7.5339 software and it worked. Showed the H100I fans and pump right away and before I could get them in the right places everything else started popping up. The Icon was corrupted but it appeared as soon as I went to browse for it and fixed that.

Tried this many, many times without deleting the devices in regedit but it was always a no go. If you tried everything else and aren't afraid of editing the registry, try it, it works.

I found that even though I could see the h100i pump etc with the previous level of Corsair Link with the registry mods in place, I could not see the pump or fans in this new version of the software. I did find the solution to the problem (for me anyway)...I opened corsair link, selected the OPTIONS tab, then in the Profiles section , I clicked RESET TO DEFAULT. Closed Corsair Link and restarted.... opened up Corsair Link, and the pump etc were now showing. Hope this helps some of you.

- Version Software v2.7.5339

- Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

- Led (light on block not is on) and pump is not working.

- Long ago I used version 2.4 and was a long time without using the Corsair Link or even check if the light was on the block.

I reinstalled my operating system, realized the facilities of drivers, software, etc ... but now I have this problem, I have no display on the Corsair Link to change the LED block (which is off) and access to the fan controller.

Have you checked the cable connected to the block, which has changed in usb controller on the motherboard, but still without success.

Follows pictures.

Sorry for my english, i'm using Google Translate.

349546906_Semttulo.thumb.jpg.29f44ca64187a0755562949a2c84ec1b.jpg

a.thumb.jpg.705f08f604afee389ca259a44d74fa2b.jpg

Hallo,

Ich hoffe man darf ich auch auf deutsch hier rein schreiben ..... gg

So folgendes Problem was ich habe ist dass ,das Corsair Link einerseits funktioniert aber es zeigt mir von meiner H100i die lüfter nicht an bzw macht es mir unmöglich sie zu steuern ... somit kann ich dass Übertakten meiner Cpu zur zeit vergessen !! Ich habe bereits alles getan was hier im Forum steht um es zum laufen zu bekommen ... es zeigt mir nach wie vor leider nicht die Lüfter an bzw lassen sich nicht steuern .. finde ich schade .. sollte das weiterhin bestehn sehe ich mich leider gezwungen auf eine andere Wasserkühlung umzusteigen ....

Meine Hardware die vorhanden ist :

Mainboard : Asus P8Z77 V-LX

CPU: Intel i5 3570K

Hdd(SSD): Samsung Evo 120Gbyte

Gafikkarte: EVGA GTX 770 OC

Netzteil: Corsair CM500M

Soundkarte : Creative Sound Blaster Z

System: Win 8.1 64bit

Ram: Kingston Hyper X 8Gbyte

Wow, success at last!

After following the directions several times, I reread this post again and saw one place that noted deleting the software devices in regedit so I thought I would give it a try.

Uninstalled the software through the program, instead of control panel. Deleted everything inside the corsair folder at C:/users/me/roaming/corsair. Opened regedit and went to Hkey current user/software/corsair/corsair link/devices. I deleted everything in the right hand pane of devices(it left one entry on it's own). Restarted and installed the 2.7.5339 software and it worked. Showed the H100I fans and pump right away and before I could get them in the right places everything else started popping up. The Icon was corrupted but it appeared as soon as I went to browse for it and fixed that.

Tried this many, many times without deleting the devices in regedit but it was always a no go. If you tried everything else and aren't afraid of editing the registry, try it, it works.

It doesnt WORK !!!!:mad::mad::mad:

i got this after reinstall

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen

anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************

System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

bei CorsairLink.SystemTray.buildContextMenu()

bei CorsairLink.SystemTray.notifyIcon_MouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.NotifyIcon.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.NotifyIcon.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button)

bei System.Windows.Forms.NotifyIcon.WndProc(Message& msg)

bei System.Windows.Forms.NotifyIcon.NotifyIconNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************

mscorlib

Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.

Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.

----------------------------------------

CorsairLink

Assembly-Version: 2.7.5339.23918.

Win32-Version: 2.7.5339.23918.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Corsair/Corsair%20Link/CorsairLINK.exe.

System

Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34003 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR.

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.

CorsairLink.Common

Assembly-Version: 2.7.0.0.

Win32-Version: 2.7.0.0.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Corsair/Corsair%20Link/CorsairLink.Common.DLL.

System.Windows.Forms

Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL.

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly-Version: 10.0.0.0.

Win32-Version: 12.0.20806.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL.

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll.

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.

Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler

Assembly-Version: 2.2.0.18504.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Corsair/Corsair%20Link/CorsairLINK.exe.

Telerik.WinControls

Assembly-Version: 2013.3.1127.40.

Telerik.WinControls.Themes.VisualStudio2012Dark

Telerik.WinControls.UI

TelerikCommon

System.Runtime.Remoting

Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34107 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR.

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll.

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.

System.Xml

Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR.

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.

System.Management

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll.

mscorlib.resources

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.

System.Windows.Forms.resources

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************

Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der

Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers

(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.

Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten

Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem

Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

I like this new Version/Build!

At the last old Version/Build befor, i have some bugs the animated FAN speedometer was redpixelt what ever. But now this errors all gone fine!

In this new Version, i see at first time ever, the efficiency indicator run´s exactly! But what are these Watt´s values? 2000W? :laughing: this is a litte bug to fix i think.

http://abload.de/img/a3i52kvqhzkhb.png

Overall it shows now ready for a final Release, last little Bug at me is what i say is in POWER, this Watt in and Watt out shows always 2000Watts on, the rest is now fine.

Greets

- Version Software v2.7.5339

- Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Archived